Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New IFG “LimPro” update

Kamkaze

I went up and took measurements of the new “limpro” small frame with calipers.  I’m going to take some measurements of my stock 1 and give y’all comparisons.  That way you can measure your own and see.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So so what I have found from taking measurements of the IFG stock 1 and SF Limpro is that the differences in size are very small.  Measurements on the stock 1 were taken with the EGD grips so they are thinner than stock.  Here is what I found.  D is slide width. B is grip width.  I’m sure I can take more measurements if there is something specific you want to know.  A. Was hard to measure consistently between the two because of the finger grooves on the Stock 1.

Stock 1              Limpro

A.    53.75 mm           60 mm

B.    28.8 mm             30 mm

C.    73 mm                74mm

D.    25.5 mm             25.5 mm

E.     31 mm                35mm

69158684-0908-4642-A30C-CD675B6F4451.thumb.jpeg.3ebc89287a2c81923553a4f4d480b14e.jpeg

Edited by Kamkaze

from tan. new catalog that i have they call this model  " limited "    in  chrom finish

adjustable rear s.    front s. is black ,competition trigger guard (not round) with sa trigger , full checkered front and back,

wood grips and  semipolygonal  121mm  longer  barrel (not bull barrel)

weight 1190gr

lenght 224mm  (fit ipsc box)

pic. of old da. l.p.

תוצאת תמונה עבור ‪tanfoglio limited 9mm‬‏

Edited by yigal

How jebus...all this hand wringing over small vs large frames. I have small frames in the US. The major differences apart from what measured above is:
The trigger bar is different
The firing pin is different
All other internals are identical.
I'm glad they're bringing small frames in. The four I have came in almost 7-8 years ago...and there's no premature chipping of the slide where the barrel hood lockup occurs.

Cry me a fricking river, I've handled both and the small frames felt better in my hands.

Geez, you guys would bitch about a fricking BJ from a Victoria's secret model. :P

33 minutes ago, haiedras said:

How jebus...all this hand wringing over small vs large frames. I have small frames in the US. The major differences apart from what measured above is:
The trigger bar is different
The firing pin is different
All other internals are identical.
I'm glad they're bringing small frames in. The four I have came in almost 7-8 years ago...and there's no premature chipping of the slide where the barrel hood lockup occurs.

Cry me a fricking river, I've handled both and the small frames felt better in my hands.

Geez, you guys would bitch about a fricking BJ from a Victoria's secret model. :P

Well for some it might be the added cost of buying the small frame magazines if they only have large frames now.  That’s not exactly pennies. 

Eventually yes that’s the hope.
I would personally rather have the large frame. The Lim Pro's large frames can be converted to any other caliber. LimPro large frame 9mm can be shot in IDPA ESP, SSP, USPSA Prod. With a .45 ACP conversion it can be shot in IDPA CDP, and USPSA Limited 10. This was the beauty of the large frame Lim Pro. A better marketing effort could have made this platform more successful.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, srrch said:

I would personally rather have the large frame. The Lim Pro's large frames can be converted to any other caliber. LimPro large frame 9mm can be shot in IDPA ESP, SSP, USPSA Prod. With a .45 ACP conversion it can be shot in IDPA CDP, and USPSA Limited 10. This was the beauty of the large frame Lim Pro. A better marketing effort could have made this platform more successful.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Also huge fan of the large frame Lim Pros.  I have 2 and wouldn't mind another :)

• 2 weeks later...

So much confusion in this thread. Trying to get a hold on what is right/wrong.

Are we saying the following?
- Large and Small frames are the same size externally when gripping them. They only differ in internals.
- small frames take CZ mags
- The new Limpro is a black chrome small frame? Same dimensions otherwise of a Limpro
- new Limpro has a square trigger guard.

Basically. In short the new Limpro is just the old Limpro but black and takes CZ mags, and has different internals sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

23 hours ago, BoldasLions said:

Hi: What version is on top and bottom?

Large frame versus small frame. The large frame needs a long enough ejection port to deal with the 10mm cartridge. 

Doesn’t matter if your large frame is 9mm or .45 or 10mm, it has the longer ejection port and thus a bit less locking lug contact with the slide.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

The cost of stocking small frame mags is one thing....but if you live in a state like Colorado where there is a 15 round limit....EAA will NOT ship them here....frankly it is a pain in the butt to get mags for 9mm and 38 Super.

16 hours ago, DenverDave said:

The cost of stocking small frame mags is one thing....but if you live in a state like Colorado where there is a 15 round limit....EAA will NOT ship them here....frankly it is a pain in the butt to get mags for 9mm and 38 Super.

Are CZ mags any easier to find than Tanfos? If so, big point for the new Limited Pro. ;) 

I have a bazillion (ok... only 20) large frame 9mm magazines, and CDNN or Greg Cote put them on sale all the time.  Last sale was like $12 or something like that.  Anyway... with my preexisting condition (large frame tanfos) a large frame is more attractive to me.... however.  Meh.  No big deal either way.

• 3 weeks later...

They should arrive in the US late spring early summer at the latest.  There is only one in the US right now and that's the one at shot.  I am hoping to have time to borrow it and run it through its paces this week.  Its obviously stock and will have to remain that way until more reach the US and I will send one to PD to completely work over.  I am going to get weight, and trigger pull in both SA and DA measured, is there anything else yall are wanting as far as specs?

46 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

So [mention=60271]patriotdefense[/mention] and@kamkaze what’s the story? I now have cash burning a hole in my pocket for an IPSC gun....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk