Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New IFG “LimPro” update

Kamkaze

I was able to get some details on the new “limpro” that IFG-NA will be importing for 2018.  Earlier I had made a post about it saying it was going to be the current LimPro imported under a different name, well today I found out that isn’t completely 100% true.  The two main differences are that it will be black framed, not hard chromed and the biggest difference which will make some happy and others not so much lol.  It will be a small frame not the typical large frame.  I know a lot of people have been asking for a small frame pistol so that’s s good thing.  Discuss.  I’ll answer what I can.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Kamkaze said:

I was able to get some details on the new “limpro” that IFG-NA will be importing for 2018.  Earlier I had made a post about it saying it was going to be the current LimPro imported under a different name, well today I found out that isn’t completely 100% true.  The two main differences are that it will be black framed, not hard chromed and the biggest difference which will make some happy and others not so much lol.  It will be a small frame not the typical large frame.  I know a lot of people have been asking for a small frame pistol so that’s s good thing.  Discuss.  I’ll answer what I can.

Can you please point us to this model on the Tanfoglio catalog?  I cannot seem to find such as model.  Or maybe it's something that Tanfo is to introduce in 2018 and has not been added to the catalog yet?

http://www.tanfoglio.it/eng/catalogue.php

That's exciting news!

So when you say "black framed", do you mean the frame will be black only and the slide will still be chromed? Either way, I think the black change up would be nice.

Also, I think it's a good idea to make it the small frame, should make it easier to fit inside the IDPA box. That's probably why they did that. The original LimPro seemed to be the "go-to gun" for us Tanfo peeps when it came IDPA. But suddenly they stopped being available :-(

But as I understand it, the differences between the Large and Small frame are very minut. But I'm glad they're going to produce it as a "small frame." Was kind of sad when Stock 2s small frame stopped being available to us a few years back.

Hats off to IGA.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Any idea when they will be stateside? I always wanted a LimPro and might have to jump on one of these.

ETA - I assume they will also use the CZ / MecGar magazines too?

Edited by SCTaylor

1 minute ago, drewsifer said:

That's exciting news!

So when you say "black framed", do you mean the frame will be black only and the slide will still be chromed? Either way, I think the black change up would be nice.

Also, I think it's a good idea to make it the small frame, should make it easier to fit inside the IDPA box. That's probably why they did that. The original LimPro seemed to be the "go-to gun" for us Tanfo peeps when it came IDPA. But suddenly they stopped being available :-(

But as I understand it, the differences between the Large and Small frame are very minut. But I'm glad they're going to produce it as a "small frame." Was kind of sad when Stock 2s small frame stopped being available to us a few years back.

Hats off to IGA.

Yes I think it’s a good thing too but only the market will tell lol.  If they sell well that will be a good sign.  The whole gun will be black, and I might be able to leak some teaser pictures soon, I’m working on that.  Main difference is grip size and magazines.  These small framed versions should take cz mags although I haven’t confirmed that.

5 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

Any idea when they will be stateside? I always wanted a LimPro and might have to jump on one of these.

ETA - I assume they will also use the CZ / MecGar magazines too?

I’d say late 1st quarter but should know after SHOT.  It should take cz mags but I’ll have to confirm.

Yes I think it’s a good thing too but only the market will tell lol.  If they sell well that will be a good sign.  The whole gun will be black, and I might be able to leak some teaser pictures soon, I’m working on that.  Main difference is grip size and magazines.  These small framed versions should take cz mags although I haven’t confirmed that.
Awesome! Teaser photos would be awesome too!

Oh, and I meant hats off to IFG not IGA, lol.

2 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Small frame? Eww.

I hate the way CZs feel. I bought a Tanfo instead of a Shadow because of precisely that.

I know a lot of you feel differently, but that’s a bad move to some of us.

Yeah I knew there would be some disappointment as well.  I’m hoping some other large frames like the stock 2L will be available as well. 

Yeah I knew there would be some disappointment as well.  I’m hoping some other large frames like the stock 2L will be available as well. 

Or maybe the Domina open gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Small frame? Eww.

I hate the way CZs feel. I bought a Tanfo instead of a Shadow because of precisely that.

I know a lot of you feel differently, but that’s a bad move to some of us.

Correct me if this is wrong, but i thought the tanfo small and large frame have nearly identical external grip dimensions.  only the interior dimensions were changed (and slide ) for the longer rounds

41 minutes ago, johnbu said:

Correct me if this is wrong, but i thought the tanfo small and large frame have nearly identical external grip dimensions.  only the interior dimensions were changed (and slide ) for the longer rounds

I’ve never seen a Tanfo small frame gun. I ASSUMED since they started as CZ copies and the gun took CZ mags... that the frame would be  CZ sized. If not, awesome. Great news!

8 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I’ve never seen a Tanfo small frame gun. I ASSUMED since they started as CZ copies and the gun took CZ mags... that the frame would be  CZ sized. If not, awesome. Great news!

Details on small and large in the link

A friend, who recently visited their factory brought me the new catalog
And this model appears there in chrome plating and sa trigger under name  " limited."
he was very impressed from their manufacturing methods  and workers  professional  skills . i asked him about problems in tan. guns that i saw in this
forum and he said that it was in the past and they solve them  in all new models.
we received few new guns  all small frames from tan. and  from what i saw  after i checked them  it's  another  league . (all black finish)

שליחת הצעה לעריכה