Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR triggers (2018)

Kettlebell

What is the “Sate of the Union” on the current best AR triggers out for 3 gun and DMR type matches? 

Trigger Tech

Geissele SSA-E

Geissele Hi Speed NM

AR Gold

JP Revolution

Others?

What is the current favorite?  Two or single stage?  Trigger weight preference (estimate)?  Flat or curved trigger?

I assume a lot is just personal preference.

Edited by Kettlebell

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AR gold.
But it's pretty much all personal preference as you said.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Timney Calvin elite takes it. It is nothing short of stellar.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Geiselle has my money.  2 SSA-E's and 2 High Speed National Match triggers in various guns.  

They use full power hammer springs FYI... means you don't get those pesky light strikes you see all the time with aftermarket triggers.

I’ve got the following

hiperfire 24c

hiperfire eclipse

hiperfire elite 

geisselle ssa-e

geissle g2s

geissle sde

cmc flat drop in for my 15/22

for me its a toss toss up between the 24c and sde. If we’re talking straight hosing then I don’t have a faster trigger than the the 24c at this time. I have not shot the eclipse yet. It’s in my hoser sbr lower. Geisselles in anything precision though

Edited by Nathanb

I have or have had;

AR Gold Flat
Hiperfire 3G

Hiperfire 24c

Timney 3lb single stage flat

Geisselle SD3G

Elftman 3G in Flat and Curved

CMC 3lb single stage flat

Of all those I have to say my favorite is probably the Elftmann 3G Curved. Least favorite is probably the Geisselle SD3G. But as others have mentioned triggers are largely a matter of personal preference. 

• 2 weeks later...

I love Trigger tech & Hiperfire Eclipse.  My go to is trigger tech.  I sold my geissele's and ar-gold triggers. 

Trigger tech is 2.25lbs and the Hiperfire is 2lbs.  i prefer the 2nd stage for long range targets when precision is needed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 rifles with the SSA-E, 2 with the High Speed National Match - Match trigger.  Can't beat Geisselle.

Whatever trigger you choose, read up on the benefits of full power hammer springs.  I've seen light strikes with several of the other brands you've mentioned... and the decreased lock time is a good thing as well.  

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, koteris said:

I have used a regular Geissele SSA for a long time, but I recently installed a Hiperfire 24 3gun and like it a lot.

I just went to the 24 3Gun from a Geissele as well.  Mine was a modified G2S that had worked great for me, but I wanted to try a single stage and I'm happy with it so far.  The G2S is living a happy life in my .308 AR10.

Have to go with Elftmann as well. I have had timney, geissele, and CMC. I have shot the hyper fires and Gold's, but to me the cleanest break and short reset is the Elftmann....can tune them and get a flat or curved shoe.

Edited by TRPOperator