Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Read the Threads RX for CO -X-5

jcc7x7

Read the threads

Shooting a Glock MOS and or a 226 with a dovetail base DP

Scores are about the same so Indian and arrow thing etc.

Will not shoot production so that's not an issue

WANT a new toy that's the only reason I'm thinking of buying.

Found a couple of RX's at LGS yesterday, no x-5's

But shot a X-5 with a DPP on it at a match last year it's nice

SO

What are the major advantages to x-5 vs RX, other than slightly heavier (if I wanted heavy I'd stay with a metal gun)

At this point I've boiled it down to the Walther  Q-5 or one of the Sig's

Thanks for the info

Edited by jcc7x7
spelling

X5 vs RX

X5 has a longer barrel + it's a bull barrel which helps since this is a lighter gun the added weight will help the gun shoot a bit flatter

X5 has a different grip module that has a bigger beaver tail, a weight in the grip, a indent in the trigger well for higher hand placement, and allows for a magwell if you choose to shoot limited with your gun at some point.

X5 slide is has lightening cuts on it which can help when you throw in the added weight of an optic.

X5 allows for more than just the Romeo1 to be used on it with the Springer Adapter plate you can use most recommended optics out there.

RX - Ready to go out of the box you don't have to worry about buying an optic. They're going to be selling X-5 Grip modules on their own soon I believe so you can always buy one of these to throw on there to minimize the differences between guns.

Both the Walther Q-5 and the Sig have proven themselves to be good guns for Carry Optics. I believe the Walther trigger feels a little better right out of the box but with a trigger job by Gray Guns or Burke the X5 feels significantly better.

X5 comes with four 140mm 21-round mags from the start.  RX models do not. 

You said that "if you wanted heavier you'd stay with a metal gun."  I don't get that statement.  Weight matters.  And the X5, especially with a tungsten guide rod, is the heaviest striker fired polymer gun on the Prod approved list, as far as I know.

Lastly, the X5 frame is just different.  It has a beavertail and is a little less roundy.  Some people may prefer the shape of the X5 over the RX full size.  I know I sure do.

By the way, there is NO comparison between the aftermarket availability of parts, mags, holsters, sights, etc. for the Walther Q5 versus the Sig X5.  Sig wins that hands down.

I own both an RX and an X5.... I bought the RX first and find it to be a better value because the SIG optic is very nice and it is included. Having said that, I really like the X5. With the added removable weight installed and a tungsten guide rod, it will just about lay down in your hand when firing. I haven't mounted an optic on the X5 yet, but I will as soon as I get my adapter plate from Springer for mounting my Vortex sight. The X5 is heavier and tames recoil better, although the RX is easy to shoot as well. The RX comes with two (2) 17 rd magazines, the X5 comes with four (4) 21 rd mags. Magazines for the RX are available in a pack of three (3) for about $95. The X5 grip frame is different (like all X grip frames..) and seems to feel better in the hand to me. The RX comes with the "std" SIG trigger (whatever that means..) and the X5 comes with a modified straight trigger. The grip on the X5 allows for a slightly higher hand position.....

Having said all of that, I shoot the RX more than the X5 right now. I'm getting pretty ancient and my eyes are not what they used to be. For that reason I shoot the RX better. If I were going to shoot production, I would definitely choose the X5. For Carry Optics it's hard to beat the RX.

I looked at the Q5 before I purchased the RX. I just felt that the RX was better suited to my situation and as CHLChris mentioned, SIG has a much better availability of parts and accessories. Unlike one of the other posts, I really like the SIG triggers, especially in the X5. After shooting Glocks for YEARS, there is a world of difference when you move to a SIG. It's not a perfect trigger, but it's nice. Don't get me wrong...I like the Q5 as well. But the RX (and the X5..) seem to be more in line with my needs and my desires. 

Edited by hobbit99
spelling