Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to USPSA

Followme438

Hello all!

I'm a 32 year old Active Duty Soldier, and am looking to get into USPSA. I've been shooting my entire life and reloading for most of it. I'm normally mostly a rifle guy, but need to work on my pistol shooting, and USPSA seems to be the single most accessible form of competition shooting. I have lurked for a while here, but finally made an account, and am looking forward to learning more and contributing where I can! 

Followme438, Thank you for your service! You will really enjoy USPSA. It's a little humbling at first since many soldiers shoot pretty well but not really very fast. Of course, you have to combine those two skills to really excel in this game. But it comes together pretty fast.

Best of luck!

Sarge, Stick,

Thanks for the welcome! I really just want to have fun and enjoy myself. Safe, Accurate, and Fast (in that order). I'm an alright pistol shot out to 25-30 yards, what I am definitely going to have to work on, from what I've seen, is speed and footwork. I'm a believer in getting the muscle memory down, then going for speed, so I'll just focus on doing things right at first, then move on to worrying about the clock. Thanks again gents!

1 hour ago, Followme438 said:

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to getting into this fully. I currently have a Para P14-45, and have a RIA Pro Ultra Match on the way. Should do until my skills improve enough to warrant a pistol that's more than a paycheck. Haha

When you are ready to put money into that Rock Island make sure you give Hayes custom guns a look.  They do amazing things to make the Rock Island hi caps

24 minutes ago, Followme438 said:

That's not too far away. I'm at Ft. Stewart. Looking at shooting matches from NC down to FL.

Quite a few of the guys I shoot with do a number of major matches in all those states. I haven't roamed outside NC to shoot.