Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Diagrams of "Speed Steel" Stages

RickT

Wife and I are considering moving to Oregon and ability to shoot 2-3 SC matches/month within 2-3 hours drive is important.  I've found a couple of clubs that shoot Speed Steel and it appears some of the stages are SC, but does anyone have diagrams of their match stages?  If anyone reading this shoots SC in Oregon I'd be very interested in knowing any clubs that shoot SC.  We're looking at Medford which has a club that shoots Speed Steel and is within driving distance of Redding.  I haven't found anything in the Portland vicinity, but there must be SC in that large a metropolitan area.

The Tri-County Gun Club in Sherwood, OR (outside of Portland) does an "outlaw" SC match on the 1st Sunday of the month.  They may occasionally use a SC course but they mostly use stages of their own design and generally change them up from match to match.

Oregon Speed Steel

About 90 minutes south of Portland off of I-5 the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club has a speed steel style match on the 4th Sunday of each month.  I believe they also use courses of their own design.  

ARPC speed steel

• 1 month later...