Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Production Weight per USPSA

Does anybody have any idea when they updated the weights on the Stock II and III pistols? I think they where well over do for updating as i cant remember when the last time i received a stock II under 45oz out of the box. Sorry if this is old news just now catching up to ensure some future projects are not held up. 

The information below was taken straight from USPSA.org

TANFOGLIO

Notes: (Stock Custom model is NOT approved for Production Division) Weights for some Stock II and III pistols changed 91616

Notice how they specifically call out the "Witness Elite Models" for the Stock II and III pistols. I always recall the 44oz number being thrown around but that more than likely was based off a small frame pistol. 

The USPSA website was recently updated but I am unsure about the weight on the guns. There was also the time period between when Tanfos had the solid vs hollowed out grip area on the frame where the hammer spring sits.

I don't think USPSA updates anything by rote. 

I believe the process is the same for updating as for adding a new pistol, i.e. the concerned party contacts Troy & he responds with what information needs to be submitted (in this case perhaps just a very clear email?).

Could be wrong, but I can't imagine them digging for any revision details of every gun on that long production gun list after the guns are first accepted. 

Good heads up. 

OH - Everybody knows there is a 2 ounce cushion above the weight listed on the list I assume. Appendix D4 item 18 for those who like to read along. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

On 1/5/2018 at 6:28 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

Oh terrific. Now we have two weights for the same gun in the production list.

I'm only seeing a maximum limit, so as long as we are good for the heaviest of the two then only one listed weight would be needed ?