Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Updated policy on all classifier matches

Sarge

I've been searching all evening and can't find it. I know there was discussion regarding the updated policies on special all classifier matches such as number allowed etc. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Page 5 of the classifier diagram book has the activity fee costs for special classifier matches.  You can have up to 6 in one match. I know this book is old, but that is the only place the info can be found as far as I know.  If I remember correctly, somewhere in the BOD minutes they removed the requirement of the need to get pre-permisssion to hold classifier specials.

1 minute ago, JodiH said:

Page 5 of the classifier diagram book has the activity fee costs for special classifier matches.  You can have up to 6 in one match. I know this book is old, but that is the only place the info can be found as far as I know.  If I remember correctly, somewhere in the BOD minutes they removed the requirement of the need to get pre-permisssion to hold classifier specials.

My attempt at humor was lost on this post........

3 minutes ago, JodiH said:

I found the minutes regarding permission. I just got confirmation from HQ. There are no longer limits to number of classifiers a club can run. Period.

7 hours ago, Sarge said:

I found the minutes regarding permission. I just got confirmation from HQ. There are no longer limits to number of classifiers a club can run. Period.

Hey Sarge, is there somewhere that's written?  Did anything else change?  One a year, etc?

11 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

USPSA has adopted the IDPA Classifier as the new Classification System.  :ph34r::ph34r:

I think it might be the other way around since IDPA is now changing to become more like USPSA.

5 hours ago, Hammer002 said:

Hey Sarge, is there somewhere that's written?  Did anything else change?  One a year, etc?

That's actually what I myself am trying to find. But since the USPSA website was "upgraded" I can't find any working links to these questions by googling. I searched for an hour to find just the minutes that mentioned no longer needing permission from SC to run special classifiers. I broke down and sent Mike and Jake an email and Mike replied there are no limits on running classifiers.

Got clarification from Roger at HQ. Must still run a minimum of three classifiers a year to reaffiliate. But can run as many as you want over that. In short, the three required per year is the only restriction/requirement regarding classifiers.

17 hours ago, EEH said:

I quit

Really? Their requirement for M is pretty damn low. This would be a good thing for those looking to move up.

(Fun facts: I took 1st Place SSP Master in two State Championships in 2011ish, then got into USPSA. Wound up in C class. ;) )

Edited by MemphisMechanic

2 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Really? Their requirement for M is pretty damn low. This would be a good thing for those looking to move up.

(Fun facts: I took 1st Place SSP Master in two State Championships in 2011ish, then got into USPSA. Wound up in C class. ;) )

Especially if you get bumped.  I know M class shooters that can't shoot M classifiers scores. 

Edited by B_RAD

21 hours ago, Sarge said:

Does it still mean that a club cannot shoot the same classifier in a 12 month period?  That would be a limit.