Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinking of going to the EAA/Tanfoglio camp ...

lfine

20 hours ago, JROTTY said:

I reload so I had to tweek my OAL a bit - from 1.135 that I was shooting in the Glock to 1.125.  The 1.135 OAL was causing some FTF issues.  I'm shooting 180 grain blue bullets over 4.2 grains of Hodgdons Titegroup which gives me a power factor of ~170.  Accuracy on the gun is amazing and very consistent. 

Hah it seems I lucked into a good OAL for both Glocks and Tanfos.  I've been loading to 1.130 with 180 grain xtremes and they've fed like a champ in the glock and pretty consistently in the Tanfo.  My only issues pop up when I'm going for a slide-lock reload and wanting it to auto-forward.  Most of the time it works, but shove that mag in too hard and the top round likes to go vertical.  I might mess with 1.125 and see if that helps any.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, V2plus25 said:

My only issues pop up when I'm going for a slide-lock reload and wanting it to auto-forward.  Most of the time it works, but shove that mag in too hard and the top round likes to go vertical. 

It is a Tanfo "feature" , not saying it can not be fixed but after talking things over with a GM I just decided to just copy him and be a little bit gentle with slide lock reloads (but I do not shoot IDPA so I almost never have a slide lock reload).

OP - FIRST TANFO - BITE THE BULLET & GET ONE ALREADY BUG FREE FROM PATRIOT DEFENSE (or somebody with equivalent skill and knowledge) - DON'T THINK JUST DO IT. 

2 hours ago, TravisNC said:

Do 40 tanfos have the same short chamber issues like the 9mms? 

My 2 do not have any issues.  The light strike issues I had with one were a combination of the BOLO needing to be fitted properly along with a couple other minor things.

2 hours ago, V2plus25 said:

Hah it seems I lucked into a good OAL for both Glocks and Tanfos.  I've been loading to 1.130 with 180 grain xtremes and they've fed like a champ in the glock and pretty consistently in the Tanfo.  My only issues pop up when I'm going for a slide-lock reload and wanting it to auto-forward.  Most of the time it works, but shove that mag in too hard and the top round likes to go vertical.  I might mess with 1.125 and see if that helps any.

I should add that when I was loading to a 1.135 OAL, I could only get 18 rounds in the magazine (with the Henning base pad).  At 1.125 OAL, I get 20 rounds.

21 minutes ago, JROTTY said:

I should add that when I was loading to a 1.135 OAL, I could only get 18 rounds in the magazine (with the Henning base pad).  At 1.125 OAL, I get 20 rounds.

Wow!  I can only load 10 in mine. 

4 hours ago, JROTTY said:

Hah no kidding.  I was just complaining that I could only jam 18 and sometimes 19 in mine whereas Henning's youtube video shows 20 easily going in.  Well OK not easily but still 20 going in.

I'd love to shoot one of his guns. To see how it's set up. I'll get a chance with Stoegers since I've got a class scheduled with him in April. Looks like Gutts has stock hammer and disco. He probably sounds his time practicing. Like that's gonna pay off!-_-

Edited by B_RAD

4 hours ago, B_RAD said:

I'd love to shoot one of his guns. To see how it's set up. I'll get a chance with Stoegers since I've got a class scheduled with him in April. Looks like Gutts has stock hammer and disco. He probably sounds his time practicing. Like that's gonna pay off!-_-

I bet his guns/trigger jobs are just mediocre. Every high level shooter i know with a tanfo or shadow, mediocre guns. All they care about is training, or dry fire so much it made the trigger nice haha

6 hours ago, B_RAD said:

I heard a quote, second hand, about Stoeger. Went something like...

I can tell how good the shooter is by how nice of a trigger job he has done. My trigger is normally the heaviest in the class.

I took Gutt’s first USPSA class. His trigger is decent. Not as light as some but good. But like others have said when you spend that much time practicing you don’t need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, SCTaylor said:

I can tell how good the shooter is by how nice of a trigger job he has done. My trigger is normally the heaviest in the class.

That’s pretty much a direct quote from Ben over on Doodieproject all of a few days ago.

I played with Ben’s gun. Pretty minimal mods, like 6.5 and 2.5 on the pull weights. Factoryish travel lengths. Some springs, grips, and a ton of rounds through them.

Same with Sevignys 34 back in the day. Bone stock gritty trigger, and he won Production in that GA State match by like 18% back in 2011-12 or so over all the Vanek Grandmaster guys.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

11 minutes ago, V2plus25 said:

Or switching platforms ... like to glocks? :wacko:

Did the hi-point sponsor money finally come in?

Time will tell!

(No, i don't know anything, yes it's a joke)