Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfo Witness Small Frame P09 Open Gun Holster

gerritm

Here is the finished gun. Tried a Ghost the One. Trigger guard goes into opening, but will not lock. Supposed to fit round & square trigger guards. Their instructions are not really clear on adjustments. 

What other open holster with good retention will fit? Using this gun mostly for 3-gun. Some USPSA & falling steel. Safariland 014? 

Shoots excellent with minor load115gr SNS Bullets-6.5grs HS6 @ 1.12OAL. Zeroed at 15 yards it shot about a 1" circle.

gerritm

tanf1.jpg

tan2.jpg

7 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

@gerritm if we ever shoot together, you can try my Safariland 014.  Were you at Area 59 last weekend? I think I was in the squad just behind you, had my Tanfo Lim/Open out for the day...

Broke my PCC firing pin on the first stage we shot & realized my extra bolt I carry would not work with the trigger so I left early. Ordered extra firing pins. 

I ordered a 014 today. Thanks for the offer. One of these days we will shoot together. Had a custom kydex holster made for it and then added the thumb rest and will have to modify it to fit.Should have waited. 

geritm

Not shooting Galveston, going to shoot Dissident 3gun. Moved their match to first Sunday.

I have the Safariland 014 coming and will try it. Sent the Ghost back.

I took a heat gun to my Triple T kydex holster and after getting it just barely soft, slipped the gun in and it molded perfect to the new thumb rest. So that will work. Added a couple of 8/32 SS screws and wing nuts for retention and it is good to go.

I am thinking because of the small frame and round trigger guard that is the problem. Not sure how old the gun is. Ghost is supposed to fit both round and square guards. The Ghost instructions were not very clear on how to adjust.

gerritm

On 1/3/2018 at 8:28 AM, SCTaylor said:

@gerritm if we ever shoot together, you can try my Safariland 014.  Were you at Area 59 last weekend? I think I was in the squad just behind you, had my Tanfo Lim/Open out for the day...

So you finally tried it?  How did it work for you?

Should be coming today. Will see if it fits, probably send it back.

Got the Triple T kydex one working well. Really like it, protects the guns so much better than the open holsters especially for 3-gun. Very smooth on the draw. It fits the gun tight and he puts a kydex inner liner inside. Going to shoot it tomorrow and Sunday to decide. I have had both the Safariland & Kydex for my open guns and like the kydex better.

gerritm

On 1/5/2018 at 7:18 AM, SCTaylor said:

Can you post a picture of the kydex holster?

Here ya go, had a friend DQ this weekend after he forgot to lock his 014. Going to see Triple T this week. Super smooth and rock solid. Best part is I can adjust the tension if I am shooting a steel or USPSA match and don't want it tight. It is on an Invictus hanger.

Sending back the Safariland 014. It did fit. 

gerritm

holster.jpg

holster1.jpg

holster2.jpg

Edited by gerritm