Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 19X and Gen 5 34 (MOS) Released

mreed911

Glock announced all sort of new pistols today including the 19X and 34 Gen 5.

The 19X is basically a Glock 17 Gen 5 with a Glock 19 slide, a paint job and factory Glock Night Sights along with two of the three mags coming with the +2 floorplates.  Oh, and it can't use Gen 5 mags because it has a "toe" on the magwell that was part of the MHS specs.  No flared magwell, either.

The Gen 5 Glock 34 is exactly what you'd expect.  All the Gen 5 improvements and only in an MOS variant.  No details yet on a lower RMR cut or any changes to the mounting system.

19X: https://19x.glock.us

Edited by mreed911

28 minutes ago, HoMiE said:

If the new glock gen 5 G17 use the same locking lug as gen 4 G19, why not just put a gen4 G19 slide on a gen5 G17 frame and you have flared magwell without the lanyard loop?

Frame would be the wrong length.  Everyone is saying the 19x uses the 17 frame but that’s not true it’s just a full size grip with a different rail length.

9 hours ago, Garmil said:

Frame would be the wrong length.  Everyone is saying the 19x uses the 17 frame but that’s not true it’s just a full size grip with a different rail length.

Correct.  The frame is shorter by 1/2" than the 17.

What's a "lower RMR cut" mean?  Cutting deeper into the slide?  Has Glock talked about doing that?

I'd rather have a non-MOS 34 Gen 5 as don't want to pay extra for a feature I won't use.

5 minutes ago, stxbordergun said:

The top of the g34.5 mos slide doesn't have the traditional cut out up front. I thought that was interesting and am curious as to why. 

I thought that was interesting as well.  I wonder if they instead internally lightened the slide like the 17L is.

37 minutes ago, Jackpine Savage said:

I'm not getting the 19x. It seems to me Glock got it backwards, it should have been a 19 frame with 17 slide. For carry it's harder to hide the grip than the barrel.

I don't think this is being marketed as a concealed carry pistol. It would be pretty slick for duty carry though. 

8 hours ago, Southpaw said:

What's a "lower RMR cut" mean?  Cutting deeper into the slide? 

I wonder if they instead internally lightened the slide like the 17L is.

Yes, lower RMR is to bury into slide more. 

Don’t know about the internal slide lightening but would think with all the aftermarket slide serration work people wanted a solid slide they could customize. 

8 minutes ago, Jackpine Savage said:

If I'm not trying to conceal it I sure wouldn't  be giving up barrel length!

I'm not worried at all about giving up slide length...its a g19 slide length...not a biggie. What I'm thinking would be nice is how it would fit in a duty holster while I'm driving. Maybe some slight relief of the bottom of the holster pushing on the seat and pushing my duty belt into my side. So yeah no g19x for concealed carry or open/unconcealed carry. But for duty carry...may be a nice fit.  

6 minutes ago, stxbordergun said:

I'm not worried at all about giving up slide length...its a g19 slide length...not a biggie. What I'm thinking would be nice is how it would fit in a duty holster while I'm driving. Maybe some slight relief of the bottom of the holster pushing on the seat and pushing my duty belt into my side. So yeah no g19x for concealed carry or open/unconcealed carry. But for duty carry...may be a nice fit.  

Gotcha, that makes sense. thanks

14 hours ago, stxbordergun said:

The top of the g34.5 mos slide doesn't have the traditional cut out up front. I thought that was interesting and am curious as to why. 

14 hours ago, Southpaw said:

I thought that was interesting as well.  I wonder if they instead internally lightened the slide like the 17L is.

Supposedly Glock re-engineered the metal to remove the need for the slide cut and keep the same weight.

11 hours ago, Cuz said:

I think if I want another Glock I should get it while the Gen 3’s and 4’s are still available. I’m not a fan of the new stuff they are putting out.

pretty much where i  stand  about the  gen 5's. i  have my gen 3   glock armada,and i  think i'm going to get another  35  while they're still findeable.

19x sounds like a great “car gun” in the non-traditional sense. OWB as it’s not pushing up as noted. With long grip and short bbl perfect for horizontal shoulder holster concealed carry, as some people who live in cars and expect to draw from that position really like that style of carry.

or maybe i’m Just looking REALLY hard for a reason to like a cool looking new gun... ;) 

On 1/4/2018 at 11:20 AM, shakazulu12 said:

I wonder if a non-MOS version of the 34 will be available eventually.

I hope so but a vid with Shane Coley promoting it, he said only mos version will be available. Who really knows if that's true or not.

Yeah that's a shame, plus the fact the ONLY sight option is the Ameriglo Bold nightsights. Now I love those sights for carry/homedefense, but not way I would want it on the 34 for competition.

That drives even the Blue Label price to $670 compared to a non MOS/plastic sight Gen 3 or 4 model 34 at $480. I'm jonesing for one..but being forced into $190 for two features I don't want. Feels kinda like of the old days of being forced to buy the "undercoating" at an auto dealer :(

On 1/4/2018 at 10:32 PM, sigsauerfan said:

pretty much where i  stand  about the  gen 5's. i  have my gen 3   glock armada,and i  think i'm going to get another  35  while they're still findeable.

OT but just noticed your post. GT dist has used third gen 35's for $330. Mine came in looking practically new with still working nightsights.

Edited by JLB-US

16 hours ago, JLB-US said:

Yeah that's a shame, plus the fact the ONLY sight option is the Ameriglo Bold nightsights. Now I love those sights for carry/homedefense, but not way I would want it on the 34 for competition.

This seems like the best option I've seen for the mos slide, doesn't stick out rearward, and competition based

http://www.10-8performance.com/glock-mos-rear-sight-standard-height/

Sorry I was not clear, by “only sight option” I meant, that’s the only option Glock offers when ordering. So your basically stuck paying the premium for the night sights, when most competitive shooters are going to replace them anyway.

18 hours ago, JLB-US said:

That drives even the Blue Label price to $670 compared to a non MOS/plastic sight Gen 3 or 4 model 34 at $480. I'm jonesing for one..but being forced into $190 for two features I don't want. Feels kinda like of the old days of being forced to buy the "undercoating" at an auto dealer :(

What?  Blue Label price on the 19X is $533.50 and it comes with Glock Night Sights.  34 Gen 5 (MOS only) are $558.50 and $636, respectively, for the base model and the AG Bold model (both are available). 

IMO, the AG Bold are just fine for competition and if you don't want an MOS 34 you're better off with the 34 Gen 4 @ $480.70 (base).

Nobody is forcing you to buy anything.

1 hour ago, JLB-US said:

Sorry I was not clear, by “only sight option” I meant, that’s the only option Glock offers when ordering. So your basically stuck paying the premium for the night sights, when most competitive shooters are going to replace them anyway.

You're only stuck with the GNS on the 19X.  Most competitive shooters aren't going to run a 19X (are they?).