Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 17/34 140mm Ext what's BEST???

MrtyWood

i have used Dawsons, Taylors and TTI...
- they all worked fine for me...
- Dawsons were tight with the last round so 23 was not reloadable in all the mags...so i downloaded them to 22 (these were older extensions...don't know if new ones are better)
- Taylors were a pain to take apart because of the screws holding the extensions on...
- TTI - you have to keep and eye on the pin that holds the extensions on...

You asked about extensions, but I went cheap and got ETS 22rnd mags, they're working fine.

Course they don't add any appreciable weight, might not hold as many, and puke rounds when they hit the ground partially loaded.

TTI used to come with the spring need to run their pad, Dawson’s did not. I haven’t looked in a while but that was the deciding factor for me years ago. My TTI g34 mags hold 23, start with 24 and reloadable with 23. 

1 hour ago, 3gunDQ said:

TTI used to come with the spring need to run their pad, Dawson’s did not. I haven’t looked in a while but that was the deciding factor for me years ago. My TTI g34 mags hold 23, start with 24 and reloadable with 23. 

TTI do come with springs...Dawsons used to come with springs also, but you can now buy them separately.  Cost for both spring and basepad would be similar to the price os a TTI with the springs.  Not sure why Dawsons decided to separate the springs from the base pads...I'm sure they had their reasons...

19 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

I just bought two Dawson pads

Came with springs

32.95 shipped ea.

23 reloadable out of the box

just looked again...it wasn't pictured but it's in the description...

• 2 weeks later...

I run TTIs on my 35 and 34 and  really like them.

Not sure how how you will be using it. are you ever going to put a magwell on it? They work with a lot of them without issue but had to cut a relief into my zev heavy magwell (or trim the pin).