Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lightweight 5.11 Pants

buckonz

When I compete, I have a couple of pairs of 5.11 Tactical pants, which are excellent.

I'm looking to get another pair specifically for RO'ing. As a result I'd like to get a pair that are as LIGHTWEIGHT as possible.

Anyone know which "model" of 5.11 pants are very lightweight?

When I compete, I have a couple of pairs of 5.11 Tactical pants, which are excellent.

I'm looking to get another pair specifically for RO'ing. As a result I'd like to get a pair that are as LIGHTWEIGHT as possible.

Anyone know which "model" of 5.11 pants are very lightweight?

Stryke

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the Stryke but have tried the Apex. 

Like the fit and feel of the Apex. Lighter weight and better fit. Little stretch in the material. 

If you need/want pockets for stuff, then I would choose the Stryke. Little thicker tho. 

Look at the Tactical Distributor's Carlos Ray pants if you have an open mind. They are a much lighter and more comfortable pant in my opinion and I have owned quite a few "tactical" pants from 5.11, under armor, etc. They are lightweight, stretchy, durable, and well insanely comfortable. 

7 hours ago, jacala said:

Taclite Pro is the way to go.

If you like the pockets of the original 5.11's, this is the way to go. If you look at some of the other styles, the rear pockets either have flaps or are higher than the original 5.11's.  When you wanna or have to stuff things in the pockets, the original design works better.

I'll go ahead and mention that my new favorite pants of all time are the LAPG Atlas pants.  They've got stretchy material in all of my chubby spots and are very breathable and lightweight!  Not to mention, the price is right on them, especially on sale!