Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 gun new

I never saw a match until I went to my first one but I had been shooting steel & uspsa a few years.  Everyone except 1 idiot were very kind & helpful.  

Also I had never shot my 16 inch iron sighted ar over 100yds offhand before my first match!  Lol.  It was an experience for sure.

5 hours ago, eric.goodwin.376 said:

Is it best to go and watch a few matches before you join in on the fun? I’m nervous about my first match and what I can expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take your gear, signup, tell your squad it's your first match, they will help and you will both learn 10X as much as watching and asking questions, and have a ton of fun at the same time.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 3:55 PM, eric.goodwin.376 said:

I have shot a lot of archery comps but new to gun comps 

I've never been to an archery comp, but I'm guessing your don't have

to draw from the holster or run with a loaded gun in your hand ...    :rolleyes:

I stick with seeing one first ....    :) 

You generally have to go through a safety check before you shoot a match. Thats where you can ask questions and where they get you ready. Then go shoot the match and focus on being safe. Then get ready cuz the addiction starts and your wallet drains

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I will for sure be asking a lot of questions and my main focus will be on the safety side for the first couple of match’s. It will be a good time I’m sure and the wallet already has a slot for guns and ammo and the old lady is alright with it so I should be good.

I will for sure be asking a lot of questions and my main focus will be on the safety side for the first couple of match’s. It will be a good time I’m sure and the wallet already has a slot for guns and ammo and the old lady is alright with it so I should be good.

Then your all set [emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'd also say buy any gear you need and just get out there.  As long as you aren't unsafe or unpleasant to your squad mates the day will go fine.  Pack a lunch because you'll be there a while.