Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a bigger range bag

Dirtchevy841

I have the large midway range bag. I am looking for a larger one to accommodate more things. I can’t seem to find any bigger that the one I have. If anybody knows of a company please let me know. I can’t find nothing online. 

I have the largest one they make 22x15x10. 

Edited by Dirtchevy841

The bigger the bag the more junk you put in them!  I've gone to smaller bags.  The Dillon type/size bags are just about right for my purposes.  My large Shooters Connection bag is great, but mostly sits at home  now.  It is big though.

9 hours ago, oddjob said:

The bigger the bag the more junk you put in them!  I've gone to smaller bags.  The Dillon type/size bags are just about right for my purposes.  My large Shooters Connection bag is great, but mostly sits at home  now.  It is big though.

I have done the same.  I use to carry half a shop with me, have since gone to a smaller seat/bucket combo.  My feet and back have thanked me.  If you feel you really need more room, some of the guys here have gone to wagons and seem to like them

There certainly two schools of thought on range bags. The minimalist and the guy who carries everything.

Every time I try the minimalist approach I end up around the berm and up the hill from my truck when I need a battery, a rule book, timer, etc.

To be clear, I can’t carry my bag very far so it’s on a cart with a built in chair and a mag loading shelf. I’m pretty much dependent on it now and feel naked without all my “stuff” at arms reach.

1 hour ago, RJH said:

...some of the guys here have gone to wagons and seem to like them

This is too true. Pretty soon you're filling your wagon full of crap. I use a wagon out of convenience not necessity, and it is definitely a junk drawer.

I occasionally ride my motorcycle to a match and the forced minimalist approach it creates is refreshing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CQ8G2EW/ref=sr_1_3_twi_col_ti_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1518027108&sr=8-3&keywords=gps+tactical+range+backpack

This is a great bag.  Comes with the pistol bags.  Lots of people are using them now.  I have used mine for 2 years and it is still perfect.  Lots of pockets to keep everything organized at the matches.  I added a molle bottle holder too for the water or coffee. 

Have you looked at the 5.11 Rush 12, 24 and 72 Backpacks.

I use a 5.11 Rush 12 Backpack and can fit my iPAD in the

double sided/entry zipped back.

Maybe the 24 or 72 will fit a Laptop-

(depending on size of laptop of course.)

I have been using the large Midway bag for the last 6 years and it is starting to fall apart at the seams. In my search for a new bag I came across the DAA Rrange Bag Pro with the cart. Holds gear and 3 pistols, maintenance stuff, tools, timer, and the list goes on.....at the end of the day it weighs in at 52 pounds.  The Range Bag Pro and cart haul all this stuff over rough ground and has always served well.  I keep it all assembled and, like a suitcase, just toss it in the back of my SUV.

Edited by CWOUSMC
Fumble fingers

On 1/28/2018 at 6:48 PM, Darthrader18 said:

No matter how much I bring I always feel like I should bring more. I use a husky tool cart. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-25-in-Cantilever-Mobile-Job-Tool-Box-230380/207138341

I made little dividers inside to help keep things in place and not move around. plus it fits in the trunk of my car. 

Do you have a pic loaded up?  Thanks

if you want big and convenient the best option is the DAA range pack PRO and the cart that goes with it.

Cary folds up quickly and folds flat.

bag can hold a boat load of junk

I have also been one who wanted loads of crud at the range.

now I use the GPS tactical range pack (I bought it to take to away matches where flying with the big bag and cart was not practical). I now use the GPS pack nearly all the time. It's so much smaller but still holds what I need. I can still easily take 2 or 3 guns in it. and associated gear. 

but for max bulk, DAA pack.