LimPro to be imported by IFG in 2018

Kamkaze

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The production list already lists the Lim Pro under Tanfoglio, not EAA, so nothing will change.

More importantly, will anyone be importing Stock 2s any time soon? I don't need one, but if I did, I'd be annoyed, and likely just get a Shadow 2

19 hours ago, Kamkaze said:

I don’t think it has to do with the .5” is has to do with dealing with someone other than EAA and hopefully something that will have good availability.

That was a bad joke that fell flat!

11 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

That was a bad joke that fell flat!

Gotcha my fault for not catching that.  Just hoping we can get Tanfo to allow IFG to import more pistols so I skipped right over the possibility it was a joke lol.

1 minute ago, Kamkaze said:

Gotcha my fault for not catching that.  Just hoping we can get Tanfo to allow IFG to import more pistols so I skipped right over the possibility it was a joke lol.

No worries brother. My wife characterizes my humor, lovingly, as "Dad jokes". 

I'm looking forward to more Tanfo's available. I love my Stock 2's and want to play with the new(er) offerings.

6 hours ago, e-mishka said:

Isn't IFG same people as EAA?

Absolutely not, IFG NA is a newer company based in Amarillo, Texas, EAA is based somewhere in Florida I believe.  They are in now way connected other than they both import Tanfoglio.  IFG also imports Pedersoli, Sabatti and FAIR.

On 1/4/2018 at 9:41 PM, Kamkaze said:

Absolutely not, IFG NA is a newer company based in Amarillo, Texas, EAA is based somewhere in Florida I believe.  They are in now way connected other than they both import Tanfoglio.  IFG also imports Pedersoli, Sabatti and FAIR.

Last time IFG popped up couple years ago they had same cs people answering calls and emails.

If its a separate entity now hopefully customer service will be better.

1 hour ago, e-mishka said:

Last time IFG popped up couple years ago they had same cs people answering calls and emails.

If its a separate entity now hopefully customer service will be better.

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

It’s a new shop. @PatriotDefense covered that not too long ago.

MM is correct..... this is a completely different company from anything in the past and has no affiliation with anyone at EAA. 

IFG are really good folks to deal with. 

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

USPSA production gun list.

If you keep the name (mostly) but change the frame & weight & etc. , is that a different gun (2000 required in US before submittal of paperwork) or is it still the same gun (approved for production class) ?

The "tanfolio" listed lim pro is on the list and THAT is (i believe)  the gun being imported . At least that makes the most sense to me!

Should be announced at shot soon and we can stop guessing.

18 minutes ago, johnbu said:

The "tanfolio" listed lim pro is on the list and THAT is (i believe)  the gun being imported . At least that makes the most sense to me!

Should be announced at shot soon and we can stop guessing.

I don't own one so it is just a curiosity thing. 

But, I assumed that the listed one is the one like Alex Gutt and others have been using and I thought that this thread was saying a gun with a different frame size was going to be imported instead. 

As you noted, time will tell. Might really screw with the IDPA crowd if imported version with magazine is above 43.0 ounces. 

2 minutes ago, JusticeOfToren said:

Very nice!

What grips are these? 

It’s the factory grip that Tanfoglio is putting on these, I’ve never seen it on other models so I’m guessing it’s new.