Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LimPro to be imported by IFG in 2018

Kamkaze

IFG will be importing the “LimPro” next year under a different name.  It will be identical to the limpro just with a new name, but it is the Limpro.  It will be on display at SHOT Show in the Italian Firearms Booth which houses Tanfoglio, Sabatti, Pedersoli and FAIR.  As soon as I get my hands on it I will get pictures and feedback.  

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So as soon as you can get your hands on the limpro that’s got a new name but is identical to the current Limpro you’ll take pictures for us of the identical gun that we already know? Am I missing something? Is the limpro currently not available through EAA or something?

3 minutes ago, Morphire said:

So as soon as you can get your hands on the limpro that’s got a new name but is identical to the current Limpro you’ll take pictures for us of the identical gun that we already know? Am I missing something? Is the limpro currently not available through EAA or something?

No offense, but you don't stay very current here, do you?

i literally spent all morning surfing the net looking for a decent sub$1000 alternative for a backup to my high mileage LimPro. I bought a Canik TPSFX, but even as good as that trigger is, I like the steel gun better. Almost bought a small frame Witness. Glad I waited. 

Haha no offense taken at all! I don’t keep super current on this forum. Just subscribed to it recently. Seriously is the limpro no longer being imported but EAA? I have a lim Pro (or at least I thought it was a lim pro) that’s been sitting in my safe for ages now. I shoot my stock II in Production so the other gun never sees any time in a holster. 

1 hour ago, Morphire said:

Haha no offense taken at all! I don’t keep super current on this forum. Just subscribed to it recently. Seriously is the limpro no longer being imported but EAA? I have a lim Pro (or at least I thought it was a lim pro) that’s been sitting in my safe for ages now. I shoot my stock II in Production so the other gun never sees any time in a holster. 

Correct, the wise folks at EAA decided that after Alex Gutt won nationals last year with a lim pro that it wasn't worth carrying anymore.  (duh!) 

Will the IFG "lim pro" be on the production list?  And will it have the crazy wide safety that nobody seemed to like ?

3 hours ago, Morphire said:

Correct it is no longer imported by EAA, I figured since it is going to be named something different people will want to see it and confirm for them selves it is the LimPro with a new name.

5 hours ago, OPENB said:

Joe, what's the price gonna be?

I’m hoping the same price point as before..... we’ll see as we’ve been hoping this would happen for a month or so and IFG just got the word that it’s going to happen. Hopefully we’ll have more details at SHOT show when these things are discussed in more details. 

3 hours ago, johnbu said:

Correct, the wise folks at EAA decided that after Alex Gutt won nationals last year with a lim pro that it wasn't worth carrying anymore.  (duh!) 

Will the IFG "lim pro" be on the production list?  And will it have the crazy wide safety that nobody seemed to like ?

That's a good question, one that needs to be asked of the powers that be at USPSA. 

6 hours ago, matts2k said:

+1 to stock 2 with 4.9" barrel!

Hmmm, remembering the "when will there be 2000 CZ Shadow 2's in the US so we can shoot them in production?" threads. 

Assuming that the 4.9 version would be something that has not been imported here before. 

I had borrowed a friends Limited last summer for a couple weeks. I swapped its top end onto my Lim Pro frame to see what an Aussie SII would look & feel like, & I would definitely buy one if they were imported. 

Edited by OPENB

1 hour ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Hmmm, remembering the "when will there be 2000 CZ Shadow 2's in the US so we can shoot them in production?" threads. 

Assuming that the 4.9 version would be something that has not been imported here before. 

Look at the production gun list....already there.

52 minutes ago, OPENB said:

So, is a Stock II L (assumed to be an Aussie SII) the same as a Limited with a DA/SA trigger minus the magwell?

Stock II L 4.93" barrel 9mm 9X21 (49.4 oz.)

Barrel is longer