Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are the new CA ammo laws affecting reloaders?

muncie21

If you are NOT a prohibited possessor (ie: felon, under indictment, violent misdemeanor, etc), then you can purchase reloading components and have them shipped directly to you, unlike loaded ammunition which must be shipped to an FFL or other approved ammunition reseller. If you're a prohibited possessor, then possession of a bullet, speedloader, autoloader, and other vague descriptive terms are illegal for you to possess.

6 hours ago, dillon said:

If you are NOT a prohibited possessor (ie: felon, under indictment, violent misdemeanor, etc), then you can purchase reloading components and have them shipped directly to you, FOR NOW, unlike loaded ammunition which must be shipped to an FFL or other approved ammunition reseller. If you're a prohibited possessor, then possession of a bullet, speedloader, autoloader, and other vague descriptive terms are illegal for you to possess.

Fixed it for you. :lol:

• 1 year later...

I want to know how I can buy ammo for my antique firearms in California, I have legal reg. Guns and also some that were not required to be registered here and still don't see any laws requiring me to register them but with the new ammo law, I don't have any gun registered in some of the antique caliber long guns I have, I reload so it's not a huge problem but I like to buy some ammo because it is cheaper to buy factory ammo than to buy dies and brass for a rifle I barely use