Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
xdr

Versamax or M3K?

Buying my first shotgun and a few questions come to mind. I was planning on an M3K which after modding it with extended tube, extractor, maybe a springkit would probably be $750-800. I saw the versmax competition online and it looks like an out of the box solution for $1100-1200.  Ive read a lot of threads here (megathread inc) about the M3K and it sems like a solid low end solution 

Would love to hear some opinions on the versamax. 

Thanks

Check out a Franchi Affinity. It's basically a Stoeger recoil system but made by Benelli. They can be found as cheap as M3Ks. I l am extremely happy with mine.

1 hour ago, pfcchambers said:

Check out a Franchi Affinity. It's basically a Stoeger recoil system but made by Benelli. They can be found as cheap as M3Ks. I l am extremely happy with mine.

I 100% agree with him! I have a Franchi Affinity with all the upgrades I could think of and have about a grand into it. Shoots just as well as my fathers Benelli M2. Plus the grip of the gun is smaller than the M3k so fits my hand better but that’s personal preference.

I had never considered the franchi, but after reading a few threads on BE, it looks like an excellent option especially for the price. Where do you buy extension tubes, and other parts? 

Thanks for making me rethink this 🤔

3 minutes ago, xdr said:

I had never considered the franchi, but after reading a few threads on BE, it looks like an excellent option especially for the price. Where do you buy extension tubes, and other parts? 

Thanks for making me rethink this 🤔

I got a tube from Nordic, TTI carrier,TTI safety. I also have a red neck tactical bolt release. 

Yes Nordic has extensions as well as Moa precision. I have a Nordic on mine. But it's not the Benelli extension nut you need the Affinity uses the threads that a Stoeger M2000 uses. 

TTI lifter is a drop in as well as all there oversized safety. 

Thanks. Turns out my local Cabelas has a few in stock so i plan to check them out tomorrow. 

Any thoughts on barrel length? I was originally thinking 24, but most franchi's come in 26 or 28. Both seem overly long to me,  but not sure what is the standard in 3 gun. 

If you are going to go with an extended magazine tube you might as well get the 28" one.

Yes I agree I'm running through plus 9 so I don't mind the 28 inch barrel. The 26 would definitely work too.

I have the 26 inch barrel with the plus 9 and it’s about 6 inches longer than the barrel so wont really matter what length you go with. That depending on how long of tube you get.

I run a versamax, had it for a little over a year. No issues. Ran right outta the box. Only thing I have done is put a Nordic extension tube on it.

I've got an M3000 that MOA did quite a bit of work on for me and it has been very reliable so far.  I'd consider one of those with some improvements from MOA.

9 hours ago, Steve RA said:

I've got an M3000 that MOA did quite a bit of work on for me and it has been very reliable so far.  I'd consider one of those with some improvements from MOA.

+1  MOA precision did a lot of work on my m3000.  As mentioned, very reliable.

Edited by stick

I have a versa max, knock on wood not one issue. It eats everything I feed it. I did have the loading port opened but that's it.

Pros- Shoots flat and the recoil is minimal

Cons- it's a little heavy