Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you know where I can get a reduced trigger bar spring?

BLUEPSTU

I would like to get the reduced trigger bar spring for the p320 x5. I have called gray guns to see if they will just sell the spring, but they said they do not have them available, and will no longer carry them as the new system will not use a reduced spring. I am counting on some wanting to sell their old parts or see if someone knows of a company that sells the reduced spring. Thanks for any info.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't help you, but only speculate that the market should be flooded soon with reduced power springs. I mean why not? It's a stupid spring.

I'm wondering if the hold-up is simply this current safety issue.  Once the public-trust is restored the accessory market will open.  Just my opinion

Edited by glock24

50 minutes ago, BLUEPSTU said:

Gotcha. I ended up buying another stock spring and bent it to try the same purpose. It did help some.

That would have been my recommendation as well.  The stock springs are readily available, so even if you mess it up, you're only out a couple $$.

I'm currently testing the PELT trigger in my X5 with the GG spring.  I may try swapping back to the stock spring with the PELT trigger as the return feels a little "squishy" with the PELT and GG spring.

On 1/14/2018 at 4:02 PM, IndyColtsFan said:

That would have been my recommendation as well.  The stock springs are readily available, so even if you mess it up, you're only out a couple $$.

I'm currently testing the PELT trigger in my X5 with the GG spring.  I may try swapping back to the stock spring with the PELT trigger as the return feels a little "squishy" with the PELT and GG spring.

Yeah, I would like to get my hands on a reduced spring to see if there is any difference over the bent. Maybe I will be able to get one sometime.

The only other thing I would suggest is posting a WTB for an entire GG PELT kit.  That’s how I was able to find my PELT kit on one of my local gun forums.  I’ve seen them pop up on armslist from time to time as well.  Being discontinued, however, they are only going to become more scarce.

1 hour ago, IndyColtsFan said:

Topgunupply has the curved trigger PELT kit for $79.  You may be able to sell the trigger and sear pin.  Awful expensive for a $4 spring though.

Ha. Gotcha. I appreciate the info though.