Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2018 Walther Arms USPSA Area 4 Championship

September 14-16 2018 at the Old Fort Gun Club in beautiful Van Buren Arkansas, just outside Ft Smith. This will be a 12 stage Level 3 Championship with ~275 rounds as well as chrono. This year we will do prizes in order of finish and awards will be given at the awards ceremony on Sunday around noon. We will shoot a 9 and 3 schedule for the weekend and an all day Friday option. 

When: 9/14-9/16 Staff shoot 9/13

Where: Old Fort Gun Club, Van Buren AR

What: 12 stages plus chrono, 275 rounds

Cost: $150 adults and $100 juniors (under 18 at time of match). Yes, you read that right. An Area match for $150 with a match t-shirt and awards for division and class finish. 2017 division and class winners, please contact me prior to signing up for a discounted rate. 

Hotel: Information will be coming soon. We are in process of negotiating the best price possible

Lunch: Will be available on the range. If we can make it work, it will be included in match fee

I learned quite a bit after a very successful 2017 match about what needs to be changed to accommodate competitors even better. 

Match Staff: please contact me at area4@uspsa.org for information. Last years Staff has first priority. Staff cutoff will be 5/1. 

Mike

1 hour ago, mike_pinto said:

Sign up starts Monday.  Remember, this is going to be a full on 1st class Area match and the registration fee is only $150.  Last year we left over 100 people on the waitlist, so sign up early. 

Mike

How many shooters are you going to allow this year?

Looking at 410 including staff.  We are going to run an 8 and 4 schedule on the weekend with 10 12 person squads.  This will allow us to end by noon and be on to awards by 1:30pm on Sunday.

Thursday - Staff and Sponsors and shooters - All 12 stages

Friday - Shooters - All 12 Stages (10 12-person squads)

Saturday AM - Start at 8:00am Saturday and shoot 8 stages (10 12-person squads), Shoot 4 Sunday starting at 10:00am

Saturday PM - Start at 12:30pm Saturday and shoot 8 stages (10 12-person squads), Shoot 4 Sunday starting at 8:00am

Awards starting at 1:30pm Sunday.

Mike

2017 Area 4 was my first level 3 match. It was a very well organized and well ran match and lots of fun to shoot. Hats off to Mike and his staff! I’m looking forward to this years match.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, RAP said:

2017 Area 4 was my first level 3 match. It was a very well organized and well ran match and lots of fun to shoot. Hats off to Mike and his staff! I’m looking forward to this years match.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

The ofgc crew will put on a great match for us again in 2018, no doubt about it. 

Edited by Prov1x

• 2 weeks later...

We are over 1/2 full already for the match and it's filling up fast..  Please, if you register and don't see an email with payment instructions, reach out to area4@uspsa.org and we will make sure we get the instructions in your hands.  Apparently a lot of providers are sending Practiscore emails directly to their filters for junk email..

Glock has come onboard again this year as a Match Sponsor!!  That means more guns for Division/Class winners (as available).

Mike

• 7 months later...