Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NIB-X Coating (Nickel Boron)

Badluck2

I am looking at getting my 2011 Edge refinished. I have had the frame machined with a butler cut, and the slide lighted by Gan's. I am now looking to get the frame and slide re-coated with Nickel boron by WMD GUNS. I am looking at getting away from the black coatings like Bluing,Titanium nitride. I what a silver gun look, so I though NIB-X coating. My question is has anyone had there gun coated with nickel boron and do you like it or not. 

Thanks

I have looked a lot at many different “silver” coatings. I have a hard chrome Trojan that I shoot in SS. I love it. I have two 2011s that I am waiting for the factory finish to get beat bad enough to warrant re finish.

Hard chrome from Metaloy or Armalloy looks good. I love the really basic beauty and ease of maintenance of mine, just wish I know who did it (bought mine used this way)

Robar NP3. I have handled a few guns coated with it. Very nice looking, seems to hold up well. Downside... it is slick. Like a high polished blued gun with oil on it. Great for wear and tear, not so much trying to rack the slide.

WMD Nib-x. Fell in love with it after seeing an old A5 redone in it. Looks great, supposed to be tougher than HC. Also supposed to be slick, so there is that. Never handled a gun done in it, so no personal experience.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...