Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LEUPOLD VX6

jimm223

What is the difference between the vx6 1-6 multigun of two years ago and the new VX6HD 1-6 multigun?  Just the capped turrets or is there a difference in glass quality or illuminated brightness? Both with the CMR reticle.

Jim

Edited by jimm223

Capped turrets? I dont know about that but they took an already great scope at a perfect price point and added $400.00 for crap I wont notice in 3-gun. Glad I got mine before the HD version came out. 

Edited by mpeltier

• 2 weeks later...

HD stands for High Density glass...which is a thing but the industry has not objectively defined what it means yet. I imagine they found a way to bring a high quality image to the line at a price point they wanted just like we did. Then more dense the glass is, the less refraction of light as it passes through the lens. You can absolutely tell the difference. 

There is a good scope from someone in pretty much every price point, if this one doesn't match your budget. 

• 3 weeks later...

i had the VX-6 1-6 with the CMR reticle.  not even close to being daylight bright, even in shadowy cloudy overcast days.  I sent it in to leupold thinking it was the scope, it wasnt. 

so i sold it for a loss, sadly.  it had great clarity and weight....but not having a daylight bright reticle really forced me to search for the reticle while shooting fast which ended up slowing me down.

20 minutes ago, chinny33 said:

i had the VX-6 1-6 with the CMR reticle.  not even close to being daylight bright, even in shadowy cloudy overcast days.  I sent it in to leupold thinking it was the scope, it wasnt. 

so i sold it for a loss, sadly.  it had great clarity and weight....but not having a daylight bright reticle really forced me to search for the reticle while shooting fast which ended up slowing me down.

The problem is the reticle. The CMR is simply illuminated for low light shooting. The Firedot series of reticles in the VX-6 are daylight bright.