Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TACCOM 2-Stage Buffer Setups?

I have a 9mm PCC with the TACCOM 2 stage buffer and their standard spring. I’ve  been concentrating on load development so I haven’t really experimented with the buffer system.  Right now I have the screw all the way in but am not sure if this is best.  It felt better when I SLIGHTLY tested it at the start of my load development,  but those initial rounds were hotter than my final load which is now a proper PF.  

So...  Has anybody found a magic TACCOM 2-stage setup for a 130-ish power factor load that they’d like to share and save the rest of us some time?   Screw in or out, or somewhere in between?  Different or same spring?

Thanks,

J

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Garmil said:

Anyone used the taccom and mbx buffer setup? Much difference in feel between the two?

When you compare the 2.......and saying this with the TACCOM set up in the original configuration (using the set screws). I've heard The MBX is  little better, the TACCOM is a little better and they are about the same. So.....comparing apples to apples, they are; from the feed back I am hearing......about equal. HOWEVER.......add in the 3rd stage (or the cushion, that replaces the set screws) and you will find that the TACCOM set up is Night and day different in smoothness and the system is now auto adjustable for the load you shoot. It is hands down super smooth. 

31 minutes ago, Garmil said:

Cool thanks. I’m using an odin Zulu 2.0 with the mbx setup currently. That stock has a built in spring set up in the end cap so I essentially have 3 stages now. Was curious about adding a 4th.

I really like the ZULU.....got two of them. That spring.....is too weak and is collapsed when you put a recoil system in it. Great idea......but they really messed up on the spring weight. IF you have the MBX in it now......you still only have a 2 stages set up.

Our 3rd stage.....or the cushion helps out more on the rebound removing that shock.......and makes the entire system auto adjustable.

Edited by TRUBL

I have a delivery due in from Domino's in about thirty minutes. I'm also going to the range tomorrow afternoon to test some loads.

Be sure and report back regarding the performance of the Taccom two-stage with buffer. I think I may want one.

Anyone that has a comparison of the Taccom two-stage with buffer versus a hydraulic, I would like to know your thoughts.  I want to try a hydraulic, but can't seem to pull the trigger.  Looking for less dot movement for double taps.

(Response from Tim also welcome.)

Currently I am using a 20 oz total BCG plus buffer.  Buffer has moveable weights.  This is the best setup I have used so far.  I have an Colt AR9.

Edited by BartCarter
AR9 added
4 hours ago, echotango said:

Shot with the 3rd stage today and the difference was awesome. Good job Tim. 

It is night and day difference with the 3rd stage cushion........I'd even go out on a limb and say you are not going to find a smoother/softer shooting recoil system on the market today......guaranteed.

8 hours ago, TRUBL said:

It is night and day difference with the 3rd stage cushion........I'd even go out on a limb and say you are not going to find a smoother/softer shooting recoil system on the market today......guaranteed.

Tim, I’ve been on the fence, but you just convinced me ?

12 hours ago, MikieM said:

I have a delivery due in from Domino's in about thirty minutes. I'm also going to the range tomorrow afternoon to test some loads.

Be sure and report back regarding the performance of the Taccom two-stage with buffer. I think I may want one.

You crack me up ??

Tell me about it. It wasn't that long ago I was rolling in dough. Living the high life. Two chicks on each arm.

Then, one dark and stormy night, I chanced upon this place. No, not the forum. I already was a member there. I'm talking about Pistol Caliber Carbines.

Since that time I've been hooked. I can't sleep. I can't eat. I haven't had a decent bowel movement in weeks. I've put two of Ubl's kids through college. It's ridiculous. 

There's a new chapter of CA (Carbines Anonymous) not far from where I live. They have a two step program. Step 1: Admit it. Step 2: Forget it. I'm thinking about joining. 

Until then, where can I get a good deal on a 9mm bolt group.

14 hours ago, TRUBL said:

“That’s a bold statement.” - Vincent Vega