Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Low Mass BCG

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, crosselot said:

Need advice on which low mass bcg to use. It will be going in an Armalite 13.5in barrel chambered in .223 with the adjustable gas block and jp silent capture spring. 

I have been looking at the JP and Iron City Rifle Works bcg. 

JP over iron city all day long.

I only have personal experience with JP, so I really can't make a fair recommendation. I do know that when parts weigh less and have the same amount of force applied to them, their velocity increases. JP has engineered a system, with the low mass carrier, buffer and their action spring, that works well in conjunction with adjustable gas. JP increased the bearing surfaces of their carrier because of the increase in carrier speed. I would recommend using a titanium firing pin due to increased carrier speed to lessen the possibility of a slam fire, no matter whose carrier you decide to use.

I have two JP rifles with JP LMOS, one has many thousand rounds through it, neither rifle show any signs of fatigue on any of the reciprocating parts.

Hurley

JP was the first.  I think JP is the best. 

I bought a JP for my 3-gun rifle back before there were all these other options.  I needed another carrier to go in a monolithic upper where I don't want to the carrier to chew up an expensive receiver.  I went with the JP again because of the increased bearing surface, even with the multitude of less expensive options on the market today.  

I would be amazed if you can wear out a QPQ JP carrier.

Plus I have never seen Aim Surplus sponsor a match or put stuff on a prize table at a match I have been to.

9 hours ago, Vespid_Wasp said:

JP was the first.  I think JP is the best. 

I bought a JP for my 3-gun rifle back before there were all these other options.  I needed another carrier to go in a monolithic upper where I don't want to the carrier to chew up an expensive receiver.  I went with the JP again because of the increased bearing surface, even with the multitude of less expensive options on the market today.  

I would be amazed if you can wear out a QPQ JP carrier.

Plus I have never seen Aim Surplus sponsor a match or put stuff on a prize table at a match I have been to.

Yep....sponsor those who support us!

Any know if the Right to Bear lightweight BCGs are any good, they are priced like the AIM and look to be made by Rubber City Armory. They also have a no bs guarantee. What’s AIMs warranty on theirs? I’m trying to decide on one myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dogtired no need to buy another one. I just emailed AIM the other day about their lightweight BCGs and they said they are lifetime warranty. I was going to grab one myself but took the chance on a used Iron City BCG in the classifieds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I own JP low mass and JP ultra low mass.  I absolutely lover them and would not build a race gun with out them.  I go with the ultra low mass for really trying to dial down the gas and lower recoil.  I've ran them since the day they came out, no problems.  

I dont trust the others, Ive seen a few break and a few dont look like they are designed to last.  I dont own a jp gun but I run a lot of there components.  a very well trusted company in the comp world.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Question for those running the low mass Whiskey Arms low mass bcg. What buffer, spring, gas system are you running?

I am having some teething / set up issues with my low mass adjustable carrier 2A bcg. Using carbine buffer with weights removed, red extra power spring and dialing back to lock up on empty mag 

but still getting occasional mis-feed. The live round after firing about 2 to 3 consecutive double taps jams tip up with the bolt jammed into the casing midsection

dialing gas down to single shot mode and then dialing up to mag lock back...

25 minutes ago, Joeg26er said:

Question for those running the low mass Whiskey Arms low mass bcg. What buffer, spring, gas system are you running?

I am having some teething / set up issues with my low mass adjustable carrier 2A bcg. Using carbine buffer with weights removed, red extra power spring and dialing back to lock up on empty mag 

but still getting occasional mis-feed. The live round after firing about 2 to 3 consecutive double taps jams tip up with the bolt jammed into the casing midsection

dialing gas down to single shot mode and then dialing up to mag lock back...

Have you tried a reduced power spring?