Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is Engaging a Target?

nuidad

If sent to me I would say get rid of the box on barrel aspect entirely. Rather than having notes delineating what you mean for the start position in the "ro notes" section, put them in the start description. Simply stating "toes on X's" and that alone means something very very different to most people than what your addendum in the ro notes says. Your start condition notes also imply that a pcc would be holstered, in contradiction to the on belt wording elsewhere.

The double stack of targets to the right of the center shooting box position looks to have the top target in front and the bottom target in back in such a way as not enough A zone would be available. I'm going to guess this is just a product of the design program than truly a design plan. The bags add and element of at least 12 seconds of non shooting work to a stage? That's far to great of an influence in most opinions.

A more critical eye to the written part of your stage briefing and description will save you a lot of headache from a lot of people.

Thank you for not making everything truly symmetrical and using classic targets. Thank you for volunteering now that you've retired. But especially for putting yourself out there to learn and get criticism from others in an open forum.

Edited by rowdyb

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many boxes and barrels it would take to make me actually do this stage. As it is I'd take the 30 points in penalties. 

As for the original question, you can determine that engage means the same thing as "shoot at" based on the rulebook and the glossary and some circular logic