Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mounted Optics Options

wally0206

Want to ask for anyone that has a Limited Custom Extreme (#610310) or any of the long slide factory drilled. if you run any mounted Optics? ( c-more, aimpoint, eotech etc.)  if so, what Mount and Optics do you use and how do you like it? i am not getting it for competition , just for fun.   so far it looks like the c-more is the more practical option, but i am open to suggestions on what everyone's thoughts are.

Thank you

Single-sided mount made by Tanfoglio on first photo and IPSC Alex on the second.

Both are good but I prefer Tanfoglio: (1) clear ejection port; (2) slide can be removed without removing slide-racker.

Not a fan of SlideRide - bulky old design, but Tanfoglio make mounts for RTS2, SlideRide (upright), and AimPoint.

You may get through with an undrilled 2011 mount, but check there is enough meat to drill for a larger screws than the current STI pattern.

IMG_2352.thumb.JPG.6af7f6ec2e348300f72cf8cee5b501df.JPGLimitedCustom16.thumb.jpg.d9152338057af4fa3764301d8eebd2c2.jpg

I though of the Serendipity until i read that there was no pattern match, but i think c-more is a good option considering you can change moa size.  so far i havn't read another brand\model that can also change moa size, just brightness.

I have to say that I love everything about the 2.5MOA DeltaPoint. I run it in CO and on my .22 pistol in steel challenge.

Small enough for the tightest 20yd headshots, but so damn bright that (when turned full up

) it is easier to track than the dimmer 8MOA C-more on the brightest days.

I usually have it 1 or 2 notches below full power, or lower if it’s not really bright that day.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

11 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I have to say that I love everything about the 2.5MOA DeltaPoint. I run it in CO and on my .22 pistol in steel challenge.

Small enough for the tightest 20yd headshots, but so damn bright that (when turned full up

) it is easier to track than the dimmer 8MOA C-more on the brightest days.

I usually have it 1 or 2 notches below full power, or lower if it’s not really bright that day.

Thanks for the feedback,  i am still deciding on what mount and optic to play with on my LCE, but everyones comments help me narrow it down alot.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to decide the same thing right now, I bought a gold custom eric 2007 that has a hennings 90 degree mount with a c-more it has the v12 barrel and with all the ports in the barrel and the straight up design of the mount the c-more is getting a bit of abuse from all the gases coming out the barrel. The two options im looking at right now are the Alex mount for the RTS2 which I would mount a sig romeo 3 on since I already have it and like it or I am also looking at a Cheely Custom 90 degree setback C-More Mount which would get the c-more a lot further back away from the barrel ports. Any opinions on these two options?