Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting there!!

mattmann

Thanks to all the advice on here and me asking 1,000,000 questions, I am slowly getting all my gear like I want it. With the old saying “buy once, cry once” in play, the initial investment hurts but I know it will pay off in the end! So far I have my STI DVC 3 gun, just picked up my JP 15 build this morning and I’m waiting on my Hayes Custom m2. I have also ordered a cmore c3 scope and a safariland ELS belt and kit. My NERD holster and mag pouches should be here next week along with the other stuff I just mentioned. I will update this with my benelli and kit when it gets here. For now, here is where I am! Thanks again to all the great advice on here. I sold a few firearms that I never used (Walther pistol, AK-47’s) and haven’t quite broke even but still worth every penny! Now on to Ammo and plenty of shooting!! Spoiler alert: black and gold is what Theme I’m sticking with! [emoji13]

74559b6d47374d5da054b7f1801e1d26.jpg5b07477d1ee3708e373145facbd7cd0a.jpg2d91b386421860a97abee34f42c79b04.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you meant to say is that you're getting your gear just the way you want it for the time being. As you get into the game more, you may find that some suggestions don't exactly work for you. 

I agree. Unfortunately I’ve done this multiple times with different hobbies. The “best of the best” doesn’t stay there long! This should last me for a while though and another perk for buying high end is that it holds resale value great!

1 hour ago, mattmann said:

I agree. Unfortunately I’ve done this multiple times with different hobbies. The “best of the best” doesn’t stay there long! This should last me for a while though and another perk for buying high end is that it holds resale value great!

I never worried about resale value. I set my stuff up to what I liked, could afford, or what was currently available. Often a combination of the 3! :)

I've done similar except I used some of what I already had. Changed a few things on my P320 full size, built an AR using top of the line parts exactly.how I wanted(will be changing one thing soon going from 90° safety to a 57° safety). I also bought some stuff on a budget like my shotgun, got a Stoeger M3k which is more in my budget than a Benelli but still has great reviews.

• 4 weeks later...