Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Optic

LeonGarfield

Tube types might be a little hard to mount as a slide rider in carry ops.  Also after some looking I went with a Burris FF3 and so for so good.  Was going to bite the bullet and use the leupold but I shoot an XDM 5.25 and Springer didn't recommend their mount as the delta point is the heaviest of the bunch and only one screw holds the mount on

• 2 weeks later...

Did some more research, now looking at getting a Deltapoint Pro.

Now I'm struggling with 2.5 vs 7.5. I would like a bigger dot (6 I though would be a good sweet spot), but 7.5 seems larger, and I'm a little offput by the triangle. Is the triangle that big of a deal? Would I be better served with a 2.5? 

This is going on a CO gun that I also ccw and use for HD

I have an original Delta Point with the 7.5 triangle. I didn't like it at first, but got used to it. Use the whole triangle for speed, I zero with the tip of the triangle for precision/head shots. I understand the 2.5 is VERY bright, so it appears much larger and easy to pick up.

9 hours ago, Snowb1rd said:

Did some more research, now looking at getting a Deltapoint Pro.

Now I'm struggling with 2.5 vs 7.5. I would like a bigger dot (6 I though would be a good sweet spot), but 7.5 seems larger, and I'm a little offput by the triangle. Is the triangle that big of a deal? Would I be better served with a 2.5? 

This is going on a CO gun that I also ccw and use for HD

I like the 7.5 and sight it in POA/POI at the top of the delta at 25yds

Everything from 0-25 hits in the delta for me on the three guns I've used it on (M&P4.25, Sig 226, SA XDm osp 4.5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...