Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Optic

LeonGarfield

They’re pretty similar. I have used both. Think the venom is a little brighter and has a bigger window. As well as the bigger warranty so I don’t see any reason to get a fast fire 3 unless it’s a lot cheaper which it isn’t.

I have the Burris ff3 and the vortex venom. I like the low profile of the vortex venom better but they Only had the 3 moa when I got mine so It’s not quit bright enough on sunny days for me. I switched to the Burris and have not had any problems with it so far and I can pick up the dot on bright days. If they would have the vortex in the 6moa I would have most likely chosen that one to be my main red dot on my pistol. 

Edited by Moller72

I have four FF3s 8moa, hree RTS2s 6moa, and three DPPS 2.5moa.  I like all of them for different things.  The batteries in the FFs last forever.  So much so that you don't notice when they start to go dim.  I must put a fresh battery in one and was amazed at how bright the dot was.

The RYS2s have a great, contrasty window, but they eat batteries.  I get one match out of them before the dot is too dim to see against white steel i full sunlight.

The DPP is what I use an all my steel guns.  Super bright, contrasty, and the batteries last seemingly forever.

I was going to try a Venom, but the guys  at the club who run them have problems with them after a while.  One friend had to send his back to the factory three times. .

BTW, two of the RTS2s had to go back, because the screws on the bottom plate protruded and hit the mounting plate

Edited by zzt

On 12/15/2017 at 9:16 PM, Snowb1rd said:

Anyone have opinions on the Romeo 1 from Sig?

Interested in how it will stack up with my Trijicon RM07

I like it a lot but the general consensus is that the dot is not as bright as a Deltapoint pro 2.5 I like that it is easier to turn on and off also. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2017 at 3:24 PM, Ck867 said:

I like it a lot but the general consensus is that the dot is not as bright as a Deltapoint pro 2.5 I like that it is easier to turn on and off also. 

Unfortunately I dont have any experience with a DeltaPoint Pro to compare, but I think Ill get a Romeo either way and check it out myself. Thanks!

23 hours ago, coolcw1987 said:

Which CO dot has the biggest glass?

I believe its the Deltapoint Pro. I'm sure I havent tried them all, but compared to the Trijicon and Vortex models, the DPP has the largest screen and for me, easiest to pick up the dot. 

On 1/11/2018 at 11:13 AM, coolcw1987 said:

Which CO dot has the biggest glass?

RTS2 and Deltapoint Pro.  The RTS2 may be a little bigger but they have different shaped glass so it's probably a wash.   The RTS2 glass is more round like a traditional cmore slideride.  Some people that have shot open with a slideride prefer the RTS2 for that reason.  I used a slideride in open for years and I personally didn't have a problem with the Deltapoint glass.  I use a Deltapoint on my carry optics and open gun.

My comment may be a little late for this thread but I have a Burris FF3 and really like it. For the warranty, I was shooting a steel challenge match last year and dropped my RFPO(in a bag) and broke the crap out of the lens. I explained what happened to Burris and they sent me another FF3! I am now a Burris fan.

My FF3 is 8moa and picks up quick, I only wish it had a larger window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a small collection of dot sights.

The preferred one is the tube type.

It can still be used as a sighting device even when it stops working.

And that can happen any time, usually in the middle of a course of fire.

Battery dies, lens cracks, no matter, it still works just by aiming and looking through the tube at the target.

Just a thought.