Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

URGENT: SCSA CA CHAMPIONSHIP POSTPONED

PLEASE HELP GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT THE POSTPONEMENT TO ANY WHO WERE PLANNING TO ATTEND. THE LETTER BELOW IS FROM THE MATCH DIRECTOR.  THANKS, J

December 9th & 10th  Steel Challenge State Championship Match Postponed ! ! !

Do to the ongoing wild fires in the area, and to safeguard the health and welfare of our shooters, this weekend’s State Championship is being postponed.

Pending road closures and the extremely unhealthy air quality has forced this action.

Weather permitting, the range may re-open in time for our normal monthly club match to be held on Sat. Dec. 16th.

The State Championship Match will be held on a date to be announced soon.

We are very saddened to be forced to make this decision, but it is the only sensible course of action in the face of this extreme situation.

Thank you all for your patronage to our match and we look forward to putting on a great match as soon as everything can be re-arranged.

Mike Setting,

CTA Steel Challenge Club 

• 1 month later...

NOTE:  I posted this in the original match announcement as well.  If you plan to do replies, please do so in that thread.

I recently spoke with the California State Steel Challenge Championship's Match Director Mike Setting, and at this point the plan is for the California State Championships to annually occur in Piru at the end of June, with the next championship occurring June 27th-30th, 2018.  Between the clash of holidays, continuing weather issues, and range availability, the best choice was to reschedule the match to the regularly occurring date in June rather than try to squeeze something in so close to the upcoming June date.  A club-specific FaceBook page and other means of announcing it well ahead of time will be in place then, as well as a legit prize table.  If you have any questions, shoot them my way, and I'll do my best to help out as best I can.  Thanks, John