Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best scope $1,000 or less

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It appears to compete directly with the Razor w/JM reticle. I think the price makes it the winner. $1999, it was over priced, $1299, same as the Vortex, $814, no brainier. Glass is that good. 

Limited lifetime warranty. 

Edited by OPENB

Yesterday I pulled the trigger and bought the C-more C3 scope. It's my first variable power scope, as I'm just getting into 3 gun, and just got my first AR a few months ago. I'm being told shooting sports like 3 gun and USPSA is like crack cocaine, once you start you can't stop. Matt and Tony I read your posts in the other C3 topic on mounts. Did you guys go with a STD height or go for a high mount? My AR is an Armalite M153gun. It has a Luth stock, which has the adjustable cheek weld. I'm a newbie to all of this, and want to buy the right thing, the first time. I easily have 20 hours of research into which scope to buy. Maybe I can save some time :) . Thanks to anyone who has feedback to help me with my purchase. Happy Holidays!!!

I've always been happy with standard height mounts, but everyone's face and neck are different. Your adjustable stock gets you a little adjustment but only so much before it interferes with the CH. Your best bet will be to find some you can try before buying.

Well I took my cmore out today and it is SUPER nice. The clarity, the magnification, the illumination and the eye relief. This thing is legit and absolutely my favorite scope. This will be my go to on all my competition guns from this point on. For anyone hesitant about it, try it out and I BET you will not be disappointed! For me on the bdc, 300, 400 and 500 was pretty much dead on with a 50yd zero. I confirmed that at 200 and it was close but not dead on. I couldn’t re-zero it due to the 20 degree 30mph wind!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My C3 showed up on Friday and I'm super excited to get outside and work it out . With the high today a balmy -8 it's going to have to warm up a bit. Matt and Tony I have a question about the brightness settings. There are as you know 11 settings with 11 being very bright. However can you guys see 1&2? 3 is very dim and 4 is easily visible. Is this how your scopes work? I changed the battery but it was the same. I'm fine with the selections 4-11 but I don't want a lemon. 

The illuminations low end settings being invisible seems to be standard on most scopes I've looked through. Nothing to worry about.

@Garmil I did a quick side by side at a match a few months ago. With the couple minutes I had they were very similar. I'm sure if I had more time or was a better glass snob I could've found some pros/cons but honestly if there's no obvious differences I really don't care enough to dissect it further.

On 12/31/2017 at 3:03 PM, Garmil said:

Anyone had the c3 out next to a razor to compare?

I have owned both, and as I have said in this and other threads I am a C-more believer. The glass quality is very similar in the Razor and the C-more, while the Razor has a slight edge in eye box. They are both fantastic scopes, but the reticle of the C-more makes it a winner in my opinion.

On 12/6/2017 at 9:01 PM, mattmann said:

Does not go unnoticed lol. In the past 3 months I went from a M&p 9pro, spikes tactical style AR and a mossberg jmpro (regardless of what y’all say ran great) to a STI DVC 3 gun, Hayes custom benelli m2 and now a freaking JP-15 with a cmore c3 scope. Dog house for sure emoji27.pngemoji27.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You sound like a carbon copy of many new 3gunners I've met, word for word; I don't mean that in a mean way, just very factual.

Except that they don't end up with a Cmore C3; today I learned that this scope existed, which is pretty neat!  I like learning.

For me, the reticle is a paramount portion of the decision-making; I like Vortex Razors and Trijicon Accupoint scopes for that price-range.

• 2 weeks later...

Seem's as if you made your decision and that you're happy with it. 

I also hadn't heard of or seen the Cmore yet, definitely an interesting choice. Especially at the discounted price. 

For others consideration I'd also cast my vote for the Trijicon Accupoint 1-6. They can be had for a little less than 1k. I much prefer reticles that are laid out in consistent increments (Accupoint subtensions are all 5moa apart in the MOA version) instead of BDC type reticles that are found in the Cmore. It's much nice for those of us that don't shoot factory ammo that doesn't line up with BDC's or that use multiple types of ammo. 

• 2 weeks later...