Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38 Short Colt & 9 MM

DonP

To all the reloading guru's I am looking to switch powder from using Titegroup to possibly Auto Comp. None of the guns are compensated and need to only make 120,000 power factor for ICORE. Anyone have any idea whether this will work

Don't do it

It will add additional "Gas"  ie pressure to get to 120 PF and give more recoil "feeling".

Either stay with TG or go to another similair fast burn rate powder.

I've used Clays, Clay Dot, WST, e3, etc etc

All of them work well including TG

My splits with any of them in both the 627 and 929 are basically the same so pick a powder and practice.

FWIW I made master this year and once you have a load that works its a matter of proper practice to score better at the match!!

Sure it will work.

I have a 929 running short colt; I prefer doing reloads with Short Colt vs. 9mm

My preference. Everybody get to choose, play and have fun.

Nothing is mission critical LOL

I know many that run Short Colt in 9 mm revo's

Unless there is a safety issue I don't see the point of telling him don't do it.

You will find more info in the REVO section or on another revo related forum.

Enjoy

47 minutes ago, oteroman said:

Unless there is a safety issue I don't see the point of telling him don't do it.

I shoot 38 short colts out of my 929 all the time (mostly cause I've got alot of SC brass LOL)

I said don't do it form a shooting view point not a safety one .

Thought he wanted input on whether to use AC powder or not.  I like AC for my open guns but not for minor PF loads, that's all I meant by don't do it.

I'm with you its not mission critical, shoot and have fun!!!!

Autocomp is a good powder for 9mm. Do not be surprised when group size shrinks with FPS increase.

Tom

I see a few powders that are more accurate with higher power factors. Example - Titegroup can be extremely accurate..... at 140 pf out of my G34 or XDM. All bullets touch at 50 feet. At 130 pf they formed a 5 inch pattern. [emoji32]