Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm conversion

I have an extra lower laying around I want to convert to  9mm 

what conversion block or kit do you suggest?  

Other than hahn I can't justify $200.  For that amount   I'd get a dedicated lower

i also prefer lock back on last round   LRBHO.  

Edited by biglou13

wow my Hahn was nice, but a case separation destroyed it.(thin sidewalls).  Since you want LRBHO.. Instead of a cheaper block, I'd honestly recommend a Blem dedicated lower. My PSA was $109..

Edited by bladewurk
19 hours ago, biglou13 said:

I have an extra lower laying around I want to convert to  9mm 

what conversion block or kit do you suggest?  

Other than hahn I can't justify $200.  For that amount   I'd get a dedicated lower

i also prefer lock back on last round   LRBHO.  

How about the Tork conversion for $80?

I have the 2nd gen Promag and haven't had any issues with it in a standard AR lower.  Last round locks back, no drama. 

Only complaint I have is with the Colt mags.  Very difficult to insert a fully loaded mag on a closed bolt.  Maybe this is an issue with the Glock ones too.....

On 12/7/2017 at 6:01 AM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: That will be a great option for those with an SBR AR lower already. Thanks, Eric

do you have to declare on the paperwork for SBR (not sure of paperwork name) what caliber it is? If so would changing calibers void that paperwork?

26 minutes ago, noexcuses said:

do you have to declare on the paperwork for SBR (not sure of paperwork name) what caliber it is? If so would changing calibers void that paperwork?

Yes you list the caliber in box 4c of the ATF form 5320.1 (aka form 1).

No, changing calibers does not void the paperwork unless it's a permanent change.  You have to notify the ATF when you make permanent changes to your SBR/SBS. 

I have been using a Rock River for about a year in a form 1 rifle.  It has proven reliable for me, just you cannot rest the magazine or torque it in any way.  The issues I have had with that rifle I can directly attribute to 1) the light trigger in it has made for a feew FTF's, 2) loading ammo too light to properly cycle or reset the trigger, 3) getting crazy with the recoil system.

I am no longer trying to load it to make is shoot like a .22.  

The gun will need to be cleaned more frequently than a .223, and the magazines will need to be cleaned on occasion.