Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need load recipe for titegroup in 40 S&W

ARMAGEDON

Hi there guys.    Just bought a Tanfoglio Limited in 40 S&W for USPSA.    Moving from production to limited.      I was wondering if someone can help with the load.

I use Titegroup.

SNS coated bullets and i bough to try 180 and 200gr.

I will make them 1.15

What is the nromal load using titegroup with a size of 1.15?    For 180 and 200gr.

Thanks for your support.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried TG in my 40SW STI Edge a few years back. I really didn't like the recoil impulse. IMHO I think there are better powders than TG for 40SW and don't give you the pressure spikes that TG can. 231, WAC, WSF & WST all gave me a smoother recoil impulse and made major PF in my gun. My Edge likes WST the best. I started casting and powder coating my own 180g bullets this year with a Magma Engineering Master Caster and they are the most accurate at 25 yrds that I've found for this gun.  

• 5 weeks later...

Viht n320 is another one to try. I’ve heard folks talk about TG as too spikey for heavy 40’s. I know some people use it in 2011 platforms but usually run over max oal and this may not fly with the tanfo’s short throat. TG is my go to for 9mm minor loads though and I have tons of it on hand. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...