Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optics Make Lights Legal

deerassassin22

Hmm I wonder how new both PCC and CO were created oh and the rules changed and updated oh yeah.  People got together within the organization and requested it.  Because im sure I will be the only one in USPSA that would do it yep All about me so selfish.  To think ? the world has never changed

Edited by deerassassin22

38 minutes ago, deerassassin22 said:

Hmm I wonder how new both PCC and CO were created oh and the rules changed and updated oh yeah.  People got together within the organization and requested it.  Because im sure I will be the only one in USPSA that would do it yep All about me so selfish.  To think ? the world has never changed

Knew that was coming..

2 hours ago, teros135 said:

My gun is only an ounce or two over the limit.  What would it hurt to allow it in USPSA?  It's artificial competition anyway, isn't it?

Depends on how tactical Timmy you are

I guess by that standard everything but SS and production is Artificial!

But

Then again I've carried a custom built 1911 for the last 40 years so what do you want to call that "TIM"

I'm sorry it sounds harsh, but from what you typed most people are hearing "I have a gun, I want to shoot it in X division but it isn't legal for that division. So I would like the rules changed." That type of statement and reasoning usually gets little sympathy, I'm sorry. There is a division you're gun is currently legal in, Open, but you don't want to shoot in it.

The facts that it is your carry gun, its legality in various states and its function as your home defense weapon aren't relevant to its use in a uspsa division. Renaming the division would go a good ways towards reducing the assumptions people make about it based on the name.

Al, you've been a member for like 7 years, you're classified C and B in almost every division. You know how it works man......

Edited by rowdyb

I think it's really coming down to the ongoing discussion of -- Should carry optics be?

1. Production (with red dots allowed)
2. Limited (with red dots allowed)

3. Open (with no comps allowed)
4. Something totally different than the above (which for obvious reasons seems to complicate matters)

If red dots on handguns REALLY take off over the next 15 years or so, I could see more than the current two electronic sight divisions being feasible, but I think we are a long ways from that.

On 12/4/2017 at 9:11 AM, Joe4d said:

Looks like it is heading towards modified, but scored minor. What ever happened to modified ? Seemed like it came out with some cool guns. But then kinda died.

From what I’ve seen because of the rule structure for modified , ie fitting in the box, you had to have a custom gun to be competitive and those custom guns required more time/cost to build than a standard custom limited or open gun. 

I believe because of this not many shooters choose to shoot it.

Should have called it welfare open or ghetto open, would have solved a lot of these issues.  By the way, I am for some sort of magwell in Carry ops, can we do that? (kinda joking, but if we are taking request....)

Would a baby glock with a 33 rounder fit in the modified box?  If so I am in

55 minutes ago, RJH said:

Should have called it welfare open

I HAVE CALLED IT THIS FROM THE BEGINNING

Would a baby glock with a 33 rounder fit in the modified box?  NOT EVEN CLOSE

10 minutes ago, JAFO said:

It is well on its way to being Limited Optics.

yeh, with one thing excluded that actually has been shown to not be any advantage one way or another.
Trigger type. Shoot Even IDPA is figuring that one out.

man that brings back memories... I remember a long discussion about that. Accordion magazines... LOL,,
Basically mag pads being worn to the point they are loose on bottom of mag, so you can push them up to make em a bit shorter when they were unloaded..
I think there was an actual rule about this at one time.
Yeh just found it,, mag cant be compressed or collapsable... Yep you know someone tried it or there wouldnt be a rule

Edited by Joe4d