Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to buy 124gr JHPs?

Stickman301

On 11/30/2017 at 5:19 AM, mont1120 said:

The stolen credit card issue will not go away with a different bullet maker.

I have had credit cards for many years and never had a problem until I started buying reloading and gun stuff online six weeks ago and my credit card was used for 12 fraudulent transactions.  All the transactions were promptly cancelled, my card was closed out and I have a new card.  It is suspicious that so many people here have mentioned that their cards were "hacked"; makes me suspect one of the reloading/gun supply vendors has someone who is simply stealing the card numbers.

On 11/29/2017 at 5:59 AM, Stickman301 said:

I was checking those out and the RMRs but haven't spoken to anyone who used them yet.  Good to know.

The Everglades are really great, and the price if you can get them on sale or buy in bulk is good to great too. My favorite bullet profile by far, plus they are super consistent in weight and length.

Yes this happened to me getting my card hacked, after buying reloading and gun parts. The bad thing it was a Visa card and it was set up with auto number sending. Witch I never new about so I would get a new card new number and the bank would send the new number out to the places I brought from, so three cards later the bank turned off this auto renewal number. 

54 minutes ago, 2011BLDR said:

Any reason for switching other than price?

53 minutes ago, 2011BLDR said:

Thanks, going to try them time I order. I did use there 124 copper in a different gun and worked good. It looks like the JHP are more rounded up front then the PD's. Same price if you buy 3k. Then from PD. 

2 hours ago, jliew08 said:

Any reason for switching other than price?

Pure price on the 124 GR in .38SC. Prefer 115 GR  @ 1410 FPS in the MPX and like the profile on the Everglades plus the price is better than the RMR 115GR.. 

39 minutes ago, longbarrel said:

I use Zero Bullets from Alabama.  Good prices and free shipping.

Only problem with ZERO’s is you need to keep a five year supply on hand.? when I got into Obama just got elected and I didn’t see a ZERO in stock for years. 

9 hours ago, RileyLV said:

I have had credit cards for many years and never had a problem until I started buying reloading and gun stuff online six weeks ago and my credit card was used for 12 fraudulent transactions.  All the transactions were promptly cancelled, my card was closed out and I have a new card.  It is suspicious that so many people here have mentioned that their cards were "hacked"; makes me suspect one of the reloading/gun supply vendors has someone who is simply stealing the card numbers.

If I remember correctly the credit card company has to tell you which company got hacked. That will tell you if it was the vendor, or the clearinghouse the vendor runs the credit card transactions through. It would be very alarming to me if someone in this sport was selling credit card info as a business.

16 minutes ago, mont1120 said:

If I remember correctly the credit card company has to tell you which company got hacked. That will tell you if it was the vendor, or the clearinghouse the vendor runs the credit card transactions through. It would be very alarming to me if someone in this sport was selling credit card info as a business.

In this case it was not a hack.  Someone at one of the vendors obtained the credit card number and name but not the cv number so the fraudulent use was identified by the bank very quickly but the charges still hit my account and it was necessary to close the account.

10 hours ago, RileyLV said:

In this case it was not a hack.  Someone at one of the vendors obtained the credit card number and name but not the cv number so the fraudulent use was identified by the bank very quickly but the charges still hit my account and it was necessary to close the account.

That means to me that the vendor has horrible security in place. There should be absolutely no way anyone other then finance should ever see that number. How that info got to a mid or low level employee is incredible. Literally they must not be using a secure credit card transaction service, which in this day and age is inexcusable. 

I'm going to have to look into that 1 time use number with Citi. My card has been hacked a couple of times and bullet orders were placed the month before on each occasion. I though I was kinda reaching, but might be something to it. Thanks

I used to get hacked regularly. My brother told me most virus and malware that captures your info is written for PC's. When I stopped using my PC, and only use my iPad or IPhone, I stopped getting hacked. May be coincidence. Now I hear there is viruses that hack your router. Thieves are always working.

Only problem with ZERO’s is you need to keep a five year supply on hand.[emoji23] when I got into Obama just got elected and I didn’t see a ZERO in stock for years. 

This.
I wanted to try Zeroes but could not find them, wrote them off as “fake news”, kidding but really couldn’t find them.

On 11/30/2017 at 8:19 AM, mont1120 said:

The stolen credit card issue will not go away with a different bullet maker. The problem rests with either the credit card company you use, or the clearinghouse either company sends the credit info through, which would be unusual. I have had terrible issues with having to change my credit card info when companies get hacked. I will say I have never had any issues with Montana Gold, but I had to get 3 cards in one year from my local bank.

Welcome to progress..............

That depends on where the info is being stolen.  As someone who's worked in the ISP industry, I can tell you, it's shocking how bad security can be at some places.  It wouldn't shock me if some sites email your order (complete with credit card data) to a company email address all in clear text.

Back to the original question, I've been happy with these...but I don't shoot a lot of them as I mostly shoot coated now.

http://tjconevera.com/newtjco9mm12.html

rozedist.com also has Zero's in stock for just a little more $.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Roze Distribution/Zero Bullets is great for jacketed and swaged lead.  Top notch. 

RMR's new 124gr JHP, which they call the MPR (multi-purpose round) I have not used, but the few people I've seen discuss it who have used it were very pleased with accuracy in 9mm, and they're as cheap as PD.  I'm going to buy a few thousand here shortly.

As to credit cards, I am pleased to hear about the one-use numbers.  Will look into that with my bank.  I have had mine nailed twice, both times after purchasing from a few reloading component suppliers at once.  I excluded PD because the second time it happened, I had not purchased from PD since getting a new credit card number after the first incident.  

It matters no longer, though.  Single-use CC numbers from now on for me.   :) 

39 minutes ago, 57K said:

The bullet that RMR discontinued (MG) is available from Everglades, and at a better price and more accurate than the MPR from RMR. ;)

I have been using the Everglades 115gr 9mm JHP V2 RN bullets for quite a while and like them...  Always thought that Everglades actually made them...  How did you find out that Montana Gold makes them?