Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to buy 124gr JHPs?

Stickman301

Does anyone know of a place that sells 9mm 124gr JHPs for a pretty good price?  Ive bought from PD and MG and Im tired of having my card info stolen.  Its happened 3 times and I just don't want to deal with it anymore.

Edited by Stickman301

46 minutes ago, Stickman301 said:

Does anyone know of a place that sells 9mm 124gr JHPs for a pretty good price?  Ive bought from PD and MG and Im tired of having my card info stolen.  Its happened 3 times and I just don't want to deal with it anymore.

Wow! That’s odd. I by from both every year and have not had any CC problems.

Buy some Hornady haps. Then you get robbed blind right up front instead of later.?

Berry's are plated, but in my experience much better sizing. Look like about same price as Precision Delta. 
Maybe you need a new credit card type. There are credit cards that give you one use numbers for online, number only works once.

39 minutes ago, CamboSoup22 said:

Not as good a price as PD but have you tried Everglades? http://www.evergladesammo.com/bullets/9mm-125gr-jhp-tc-bullets.html. I know some guys who use them and like them. Should be pretty consistent. 

Everglades makes a good 124, you want to get the V2s though: http://www.evergladesammo.com/bullets/handgun-bullets/9mm-124gr-jhp-rn-v2.html (yes, they are currently out of stock after Black Friday/cyber monday)

13 hours ago, Stickman301 said:

Do you order powder or primers (from a different company) at the  same time you order the projectiles?  I've had my card info jacked 3 or 4 times.  I'd order bullets at the same time as other reloading components so it took a couple of times for me to narrow down the likely culprit...pretty sure it was the powder company.

Now I use a single use credit card number, which my cc company provides as a service.  Only takes an extra 5 min and sure easier to having to get a new card and dealing with the fraudulent charges.

Edited by muncie21

15 hours ago, CamboSoup22 said:

Not as good a price as PD but have you tried Everglades? http://www.evergladesammo.com/bullets/9mm-125gr-jhp-tc-bullets.html. I know some guys who use them and like them. Should be pretty consistent. 

Sorry to hear about your issues with the card info. 

I was checking those out and the RMRs but haven't spoken to anyone who used them yet.  Good to know.

2 hours ago, muncie21 said:

Do you order powder or primers (from a different company) at the  same time you order the projectiles?  I've had my card info jacked 3 or 4 times.  I'd order bullets at the same time as other reloading components so it took a couple of times for me to narrow down the likely culprit...pretty sure it was the powder company.

Now I use a single use credit card number, which my cc company provides as a service.  Only takes an extra 5 min and sure easier to having to get a new card and dealing with the fraudulent charges.

So my info was stolen and I received a new card.  The first 3 purchases with the new card were with 2 online places I've used all the time.  The third was the bullet company.  Ive spoken with several local people who all had it happen.

The card was a debit card.  I will look into the one use CC number.  I really like the bullets and would like to purchase them from the company.

I've loaded three different varieties of RMR 124gr FMJ, including the JHP's, and they've all been great.  Not only have the bullets worked well for me, but their customer service is awesome as well.  I had one order of 1000 where someone made a mistake and shipped me 100 instead.  2 days later I had 1000 more in mailbox, so I ended up with 1100 total, no questions asked.

Don't want to pull this thread too far off track, however regarding the single use CC numbers. 

Most issuers allow you to generate a 1-time use number (virtual account) that is linked to your CC, but can only be used for 1 transaction.  With Citi, I go online request a number, they send a verification text to my phone, once I plug that in, I get a valid CC number, complete with exp and the 3-digit code.  I can also limit the dollar value of that number and duration it is valid.

Hope I don't sound like a salesperson for Citi, I don't work there, just happen to use their card; this year far too often :)

Edited by muncie21

6 hours ago, muncie21 said:

Don't want to pull this thread too far off track, however regarding the single use CC numbers. 

Most issuers allow you to generate a 1-time use number (virtual account) that is linked to your CC, but can only be used for 1 transaction.  With Citi, I go online request a number, they send a verification text to my phone, once I plug that in, I get a valid CC number, complete with exp and the 3-digit code.  I can also limit the dollar value of that number and duration it is valid.

Hope I don't sound like a salesperson for Citi, I don't work there, just happen to use their card; this year far too often :)

I have Citi so that is perfect.  I just need it to buy from places that have card issues but super good prices.  Or I might just switch to RMR since everyone has said good things about them.

The stolen credit card issue will not go away with a different bullet maker. The problem rests with either the credit card company you use, or the clearinghouse either company sends the credit info through, which would be unusual. I have had terrible issues with having to change my credit card info when companies get hacked. I will say I have never had any issues with Montana Gold, but I had to get 3 cards in one year from my local bank.

Welcome to progress..............

17 hours ago, ironpony said:

Both have both. RMR will have pulled GoldDots as well as others. At times.

I've not seen true jacketed bullets at Xtreme. They have a thick plate on their HP bullets, but it's still plated. 

I've not seen true jacketed bullets at Xtreme. They have a thick plate on their HP bullets, but it's still plated. 

FMJ link on side of their site. Go to one of their links first “in stock now”to get to a link to “full metal jacket.
5% off and free shipping for the holiday.

As of right now 464 500 rnd 115 gr. boxes in stock.
439 500 rnd 124 gr. Boxes in stock.

23 hours ago, ironpony said:

FMJ link on side of their site. Go to one of their links first “in stock now”to get to a link to “full metal jacket.
5% off and free shipping for the holiday.

As of right now 464 500 rnd 115 gr. boxes in stock.
439 500 rnd 124 gr. Boxes in stock.

Wow, I did not know that! Thanks for the heads up. Price is not great, but it's an option.