Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore for Bullseye Pistol ??

JohnStewart

I'm curious to know if there is a way to leverage Practiscore to manage a type of Bullseye Pistol match.  I say a "type of" ... because I don't know exactly what defines a Bullseye match, but what we do is pretty simple and several people have told me it's sort of like bullseye.  Here's a quick review of what our match is...

We have a match night at an indoor range, in which we have multiple shooting waves.  Each wave is 50 rounds, usually 10 rounds each at 5 different distances / scenarios (single hand, lights out, etc).  We have a bullseye type target, each round gets any one of 4 possible scores: 10 points for the center rings, 8 points outside that ring, 5 points for hitting paper outside the rings and 0 points if the round missed.  Maximum points == 500 (50 rounds, 10 points each).  I'm not sure it would matter, but we use 2 targets across those 50 rounds, putting 20-30 rounds in the first target and then the remaining in the second target.  We use 2 targets to avoid the paper getting overly shredded, so that we can score the hits.  Today we score the 2 targets separately and then add them together.. not that we would *have* to record them as 2 separate targets in PS. but if that fit nicely it would be a smoother transition.

For starters, it would be nice if we could create a match in Practiscore to manage one of these waves.  Ideally we would be able to define the wave to be 500 points maximum, assuming 50 shots in the 10 point zone - and then simply click the number of shots which instead were in the 8 point zone, or 5 point zone or 0 point zone.  Still is recorded sort of like this in USPSA matches, starting off assuming all steel was knocked down and then counting the exceptions from there.. but the exception isn't a binary one like it is with steel. 

We don't record any times, thus no hit factor - just accumulating points for hits.

Each wave of shooters will shoot the same number of rounds, at the same distances & scenarios.  From that perspective, a wave sounds a lot like a "stage".  Each wave has a list of shooters, much like a "squad" - except that one shooter often does shoot more than 1 wave and just gets scored multiple times.  We could register a single person multiple times and squad them in separate waves, so that "squad" concept seems to work as well.  So, I"m left wondering if our match type fits something that already exists... or not?

Does anyone know a way to use PS to do this today?  I searched for documentation on the various match types, but haven't found any.. I've tried several just to see what they were and to see if they might work, but I haven't stumbled across the right option yet.  I searched on these forums and saw a similar post earlier this year, but it was a different type of match & scoring... so I wanted to check here to see if anyone knows what Match Type would possibly fit this scenario??

Attached is an example final scoring report from a recent match.  As you can see, it's really simple - name, division and points.

If this doesn't exist already, no big deal.. but I wanted to ask least ask - because I can see a lot of time savings using PS instead of our current methods.

11.17 FINAL.pdf

Can you send this to support@practiscore.com as well?  It's hard to keep up with the various ways people ask us questions. 

As Eugene says, NRA scoring is in the iOS app and nearly ready for Androian. But an email will let us track it better for you.

Regards,

Ken N.

1 hour ago, Ken Nelson said:

Can you send this to support@practiscore.com as well?  It's hard to keep up with the various ways people ask us questions. 

As Eugene says, NRA scoring is in the iOS app and nearly ready for Androian. But an email will let us track it better for you.

Regards,

Ken N.

Sure thing, happy to do so!