Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA.org website

ChuckS

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Website is a nice improvement, even though there are still a few things to tighten up. Looks like a WordPress-based site so extremely easy to edit moving forward compared to the coding that had to be done before. Hopefully we will see fresh content regularly. New password process was pretty straightforward. My  iPad safari browser had my old password stored and the site recognized me immediately after entering my uspsa # asking me to create a new PW. Classifier data analysis should be pretty cool once it’s rolled out. ?

On 11/28/2017 at 10:48 AM, Trent1k1 said:

Chuck, you may not have been an 'uploader' for a club.  That is the only way it was visible.

used to be able to look it up by name, didn't have to have any special permissions to do it.

I'm just curious about the "no longer accepting PEN or PENDING" for shooters that don't have USPSA numbers.

So...what are we supposed to put in the "member number" field for people who aren't members?  This isn't IDPA, we don't require people to be members for level I matches.  Leave it blank?  Put something else there?

We've got a match this weekend (like a bunch of other people, I'm sure), and we've finally gotten most of our shooters trained to put "PEN" in the member number registration field.  So....now the upload section (once it starts working) won't accept those anymore?

What should be there instead?

5 hours ago, mjts said:

Looks like the links to the classifier stages are no longer working.  This will be a problem for people setting classifier stages for the weekend club match.

I can get to them---Club Resources, Classifier Diagrams.  Maybe they just fixed that part.

With respect to the "map" it looks like a whole bunch of people put their club's address in incorrectly, so either it isn't showing on the map, or is in the wrong place on the map.  That being said...it also looks to me like it lost a bunch of data when transferring, because I know of two clubs in my state that did have listings before, but they certainly can't be found now.  And if they aren't on the map, I can't find any way on the new website to find them.

We also used to be able to post a local match schedule for the various clubs---and I'm not seeing that anymore, even though the permissions sections for the clubs say that certain permissions allow to do do that.

8 hours ago, mjts said:

Looks like the links to the classifier stages are no longer working.  This will be a problem for people setting classifier stages for the weekend club match.

it was working for me last night, but it sure wasn't easy to find.

45 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

it was working for me last night, but it sure wasn't easy to find.

"Club Resources > Classifier Diagrams" was hard to find? :D

I do really like the thumbnails. It helps speed up the process of choosing a classifier.

I sent an email to USPSA about the lack of there being any communication or training on the critical match management components or processes that changed for the people running matches. I also pointed out several obvious issues with the website that need to be fixed. They conveniently ignored my question about the training for match management. This is a classic USPSA process where they make major changes then expect the clubs to magically figure it out on their own then bitch in the Front Sight magazine about clubs not doing stuff correctly. We will see how many months of clubs not paying their Classifier/Mission Count fee's before they realize that its a problem that needs some training to resolve. I honestly don't understand how any business can change the fundamental process of collecting fee's but not communicate it to the people responsible for paying the fee's. They can't claim that they didn't have enough time to formulate the documentation as they have been working on this new website for YEARS. 

2 hours ago, CHA-LEE said:

I sent an email to USPSA about the lack of there being any communication or training on the critical match management components or processes that changed for the people running matches. I also pointed out several obvious issues with the website that need to be fixed. They conveniently ignored my question about the training for match management. This is a classic USPSA process where they make major changes then expect the clubs to magically figure it out on their own then bitch in the Front Sight magazine about clubs not doing stuff correctly. We will see how many months of clubs not paying their Classifier/Mission Count fee's before they realize that its a problem that needs some training to resolve. I honestly don't understand how any business can change the fundamental process of collecting fee's but not communicate it to the people responsible for paying the fee's. They can't claim that they didn't have enough time to formulate the documentation as they have been working on this new website for YEARS. 

What exactly has changed about how the fees are collected?

3 minutes ago, Thomas H said:

What exactly has changed about how the fees are collected?

They have changed access privileges for the club management users and you have to manually set them to the proper privileges or they can't upload or pay for match results. BUT this is simply what I am guessing the requirements are as I am trying to figure it all out on my own without and assistance provided by USPSA. I am not going to upload test matches and pay fees on test matches to verify that what I have configured for my team is actually going to work. I guess I will simply wait until we have our monthly match and if I can't figure out the proper access privileges to upload or pay match fee's USPSA can live without my clubs results or money. 

Or USPSA can deploy some documentation or training on HOW this should be done with the new system and all of the guessing would be taken out of it. But I guess they have to justify their existence by having 400+ clubs and 20,000 members bitching about not being able to do stuff on the new website. I work in the customer service industry and I wouldn't want to be on the other end of the phone for this melee.

7 minutes ago, CHA-LEE said:

They have changed access privileges for the club management users and you have to manually set them to the proper privileges or they can't upload or pay for match results. BUT this is simply what I am guessing the requirements are as I am trying to figure it all out on my own without and assistance provided by USPSA. I am not going to upload test matches and pay fees on test matches to verify that what I have configured for my team is actually going to work. I guess I will simply wait until we have our monthly match and if I can't figure out the proper access privileges to upload or pay match fee's USPSA can live without my clubs results or money. 

Ah.  Ok, I thought you meant something had changed in the actual upload process.  Yeah, the permissions part has changed, and in a really stupid fashion, I think.  (The people who upload can't pay?  The people who pay can't upload?  There is a third class of person who can do both?  Club contacts can't change their own permissions, but they can change the permissions for everyone else?)

My personal biggest issue is the part where they say "PEN" or "PEND" isn't allowed any more....but don't say what non-members should have in that spot.  They give a blurb about how to get new members to immediately join---but since we don't require competitors to be members, that isn't really relevant.

The web page is a step in the right direction. 

Did anyone notice the calculator icon on the right side of the classifier lookup page?  It is a classifier calculator - nice touch.

Apparently they are working on problems.  Two I noted to myself have already been solved. 

Club admins need to make sure the range physical address is accurate for the range map page.  I know my was not for it was left blank, so our club did not show up on the map.  Simple quick edit and boom there it is. 

The Chinese menu for classifier diagrams is nice.

DownRange 11/29

USPSA launched the new and improved USPSA website early Tuesday morning! While there are some new and exciting features, some of the traditional features will now require you to log into the member area of the website, including checking your classification, uploading scores from a recent match, or viewing your membership and RO certification expiration dates.

Your existing password or PIN, AND your address information will get you to the setup of a new, more secure password. Use capital letters for your member number. If you have a recent copy of USPSA’s Front Sight Magazine, your address and PIN are located on the mailing label. If you cannot remember, or never used your old password or PIN, and do not have a Front Sight Magazine, simply click “forgot password.” You will be sent a link via email to set up your new password. If you have not provided or updated your email address, you will need to call USPSA at 360-855-2245 or email support@uspsa.org.

To put it simply, if you have no PIN, no password, no Front Sight magazine, an invalid address, and an invalid email, you will need to call or email USPSA for assistance.

Over 3700 members logged in within the first 24 hours of the release with 3339 using their old pin or password.  Also since the launch early Tuesday morning 94 people have either joined or renewed their membership.

Club Resources

The Club Resources feature is where Club Contacts will update the information about their mailing address and the physical location of the range.  Under the Manage Club tab in the Club Resources, the Contact on file for the affiliated club will have access to

-Updates to club information, i.e. mailing address, range address, contact numbers, club website

-Manage Club Staff – adding individuals that can upload scores, pay fees and submit Form C for the affiliated club. 

Form C

Matches that are requesting Level 2 or 3 status will find the Form C under the Club Resource Link. The Form is now directly linked to the match appearing on the USPSA Match Calendar. Currently, the form is requiring you to upload and submit stages at the time you are submitting your request. If you already have your stages, please provide them. If you do not please just upload a page that says “stages under development” or something to that effect.

Find a Club

Several weeks ago a survey was sent to all affiliated USPSA clubs and their contact that was listed on file requesting them to update their clubs information. While most clubs and their contacts responded to the survey request, there were some that did not. With the launch of the new website the clubs that did not react to updating their club’s physical location of their range will not appear on the find a club link on the site. For your club to show up on the Google Map the club contact for the affiliated club will need to log into the website, and under the Club, Resources link select “Manage Club” to update the physical address and information for the club.

NROI Exams

During the first phase of the new website, the NROI portals for taking exams is not active. This feature will go live on December 7th.

Matches that are requesting Level 2 or 3 status will find the Form C under the Club Resource Link. The Form is now directly linked to the match appearing on the USPSA Match Calendar. Currently, the form is requiring you to upload and submit stages at the time you are submitting your request. If you already have your stages, please provide them. If you do not please just upload a page that says “stages under development” or something to that effect.

Match Uploads

The system will no longer accept Pending (‘PEN’ or ‘PEND’) in place of member number.  New members can join instantly on any device with internet connection at the point of registration and receive their USPSA number immediately. If they are expired, they can also renew instantly.

Classifications

With the launch of the new website and working on bug fixes, it was decided to hold the classification update for this week.  The update will run at it scheduled time next week. Thank you for your patience.

Attached are some screen shots to help guide you through the new website.

If you need assistance, please contact the USPSA office at

call 360-855-2245 or email support@uspsa.org

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg