Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vihta Vuori 330

twister

I was looking at a burn rate chart for Nobel Sport powders and it shows comparable powders for each of theirs. A1 is listed as being comparable to N330 as far as burn rate goes. I did a little more digging and found a post stating a group in TX has been loading 9mm with A1 and getting good results. Might be worth looking at as a possible replacement for N330 since we have no idea when some more will make its way here to the states.

8 minutes ago, BillGarlandJr said:

I was looking at a burn rate chart for Nobel Sport powders and it shows comparable powders for each of theirs. A1 is listed as being comparable to N330 as far as burn rate goes. I did a little more digging and found a post stating a group in TX has been loading 9mm with A1 and getting good results. Might be worth looking at as a possible replacement for N330 since we have no idea when some more will make its way here to the states.

A burn rate chart does not tell you much since they differ depending on who publishes them.  The Vihtavuori burn rate chart shows Ba9, HS-6 and Power Pistol on the same line.  A1 is listed as faster. 

Just now, superdude said:

A burn rate chart does not tell you much since they differ depending on who publishes them.  The Vihtavuori burn rate chart shows Ba9, HS-6 and Power Pistol on the same line.  A1 is listed as faster. 

I get where you're coming from. Its a starting point though if someone was looking for something that "could" be comparable to N330. That's why I did a little more digging and found someone folks had been using A1 with some good results. There weren't a lot of details given....load, chrono and such, but again, A1 might be worth messing around with. I mean if a replacement for N330 could be found that would be pretty damn cool. That was a great 9mm powder! I scrounged up a pound years ago and by the time I got around experimenting with it, and decided I liked it the supply had dried up.

On 30/11/2017 at 3:51 AM, twister said:

Would you mind sharing what loads you are shooting in your Bianchi gun? That’s the style of shooting I’m doing, I’m using a Cz Tactical sport.

4.2 gns Universal with Zero 115, Magtec SPP, 1.10" long  = 1100 fps in a 6" 1:24 twist bbl.