Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Accountant - To be the "Paper M" and get ready for Thailand 2020

Magictalent

Dry fire keep going on.

2 mag base pad had been damaged due to intensive dry fire practice.

Currently my hand and feels like moving slower and easier, but I do not lost much time on dry firing.

I also feel the dot can stop at when I want it to stop a little bit more.

Well, will need to keep this up and see how things change in 6 months.

Grip power training started too. Will need to add other weight training to the program soon.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday, another level 1 match.

Due to do not have enough mag for my Czechmate, I shoot my SPS 2011.

The gun works 100%, no jam no FTE or FTF.

My 7.4 gr CFE 38 Super load is kicking me hard.

Will switch to 121 gr Campro bullet and VV 3N38 combo to see if I can benefit from the slower gassier powder.

Wednesday night level I works good.

My speed is getting more consistent. Body start to learn how to work together on that speed.

Gun is just floating out in front of me. Dot always in between me and target, goes up and down. Shot goes of when the dot comes back.

Great feeling!!!!!!!

I am getting there.

My classic/single stack gun is ready to race. 42.7 oz, meets max weight requirements. 2 lb trigger is like a dream. Work 100% with my Campro 230 RN ammo. It eats Campro 230 HP ammo no problem too.

I load my 230 ACP with Hodgdon Titegrup, and they works very well.
I do want to know how do you load your 45 ACP. Please leave your suggestion below.

SAM W.jpg

Edited by Magictalent

Shot a practice match with the new 1911.

It works 100%, no FTE or FTF. I am not comfortable with black front, but it shoot straight if I spend enough time to line it up.

The 45 ACP round recoil differently compare with other calibers I had shot.

It take me 2 stages to learn how to grip the gun right and fight recoil.

At the end, I love how this gun perform! It is going to be a good competition gun for years to come. 

Hey Jim,

I think I know this "world class" shooter from Winnipeg you speak of.  He knows his stuff.  He got me hooked on shooting in 1995 when living in Fredericton, NB.  Actually I think you have 4 really good open shooter in Manitoba to learn from at the moment.  Good luck!

Jamie

On 12/25/2017 at 4:53 PM, blasterboy said:

Hey Jim,

I think I know this "world class" shooter from Winnipeg you speak of.  He knows his stuff.  He got me hooked on shooting in 1995 when living in Fredericton, NB.  Actually I think you have 4 really good open shooter in Manitoba to learn from at the moment.  Good luck!

Jamie

Thanks Jamie

You are correct.

Shooting local match in Open division is like shooting Canada national every month.

I am taking his class from day one.

Daily workout had provide lots of benefit to my shooting.

Dry fire help to eliminated the feeling of "not sure". Confident level go way higher now.

Shooting a stage now became kind of "auto drive". Feel like I am only there to observe what I have done wrong instead of the one who actually doing the shooting.

I still not have the time that I want to achieve yet. Hope summer come sooner so I can work on my lower body more.

Tried a 181 PF heavy load and #16.5 VP recoil spring combination last night.

Shoots okay, but do not have the same result as the 170 PF load with a  #14 VP recoil spring combination.

For USPSA, Campro 230 HP bullet, 4.2 gr titegroup, at OAL 1.20 combine with #14 VP recoil spring

For IPSC, Campro 230 HP bullet, 4.4 gr titegroup, at OAL 1.20 combine with #14 VP recoil spring

No dry fire for the last few days.

I were preparing my brass for year 2018 season.

Upgraded my cleaning method and equipment. Now I can process 1000 round brass in 30 mins.

Hoping to get 10 K 9mm, 8 K 40 SW and, 3K 45 ACP ready before the end of the month.

40 SW take the longest time because required full length  resize.

Once fire brass price jump up significantly in year 2017, people in US are lucky because brass price still low.

Got my Classic division craving fixed.

So I bring out my CZ TSO and dry fire with it. After shooting 1911 for a month, I do feel the weight and the grip size changes from the 1911 to CZ TSO.

Program is up again. Work harder!

Next month we are going to have the Feb madness match which is a 2 days fun match!

I better perform. 

Wednesday night match. I forgot to bring my belt with me.

So, I end up shooting every stage with unloaded table start End result is not that bad. And I got good training with unloaded table start and all mag on table kind of stages.

Maybe I should forget to bring my belt next time. :-)

image.thumb.png.5168cc79d99ab23c53a1e2b7d736e08c.png

My JP base pad is finally here. Now I can restart my open gun dry fire practice.

My new thumbrest and safety also come in this week.

With the new thumbrest, I hope the sight will stay on better.

The wide safety from Shadow 2 do make a big different.

My hand can go up higher and easier to release the safety.

Love these changes so far!

Dry fire keep going, will go to Fargo and shoot a USPSA match this weekend.

Lets see how my Full capacity mag works.

8 hours round trip, the Fargo USPSA match is fun!

I get to try out both of my full capacity mags. Both of them run no problem. My gear work 100%.

Me at the match do not.

Completely missed 1 targets and 2 steel. First time get FTE and get 3 FTE. Something new to me. Next time when I do walk through I better count all the rounds and compare with the stage design. That way I can avoid things like this happen again.One stage, I almost fall down. Need to do something better.

Will review my video tonight and see what else I need to improve.

Wednesday night is fun. Shooting the CZ Czechmate is so much fun.

My speed is getting better after I start to train on my trigger finger and try to reduce the split time.

Jan 14 match, bill drill I were at 2.6 second. Last night I make it to 2.3 second.

My plan is to keep improving my draw, transition, and split time in the next 5 months.

And I made B class USPSA Open division after the Fargo match.

One step closer to my "paper M" goal. Work harder! 

No automatic alt text available.
Edited by Magictalent