Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Pro9 thumbrest

Compensation6

Searched come up empty handed. Searched the forum couldn't find anything.  Throwing around the idea of perhaps modifying the takedown or building something to replace an assy pin. Anyone ever done such thing? Weld, solder, drill and tap? Limited gun. Also, I'm a virgin to the game havent even been to my first match. Background in trap and skeet, got boring. 

Thumbrests are fun but not really necessary.

The time you spend developing, building and rerunning it again till you're satisfied is longer than it will take to learn and apply a good solid grip.

There is tons of info on proper grip

Grip strengthening equipment

and it winter so get to dryfiring and working on the grip and other basic skills that can all be acquired at home.

Now to answer your question

I havn't seen a thing about M&P thumbrests

Someone, and I can’t remember who, makes a thumb rest that attaches to the rail mount. I cut off the existing thumb rest and mounted a Gogun rest.

It required a fair amount of material to be removed from the rail mounted rest so it would operate in an open holster though.

It is totally farmed together but it actually works very well.

6A723D21-980E-4970-A5E2-D5F16151E0BA.jpeg

On 11/22/2017 at 12:49 PM, ZoomZoom said:

Someone, and I can’t remember who, makes a thumb rest that attaches to the rail mount. I cut off the existing thumb rest and mounted a Gogun rest.

It required a fair amount of material to be removed from the rail mounted rest so it would operate in an open holster though.

It is totally farmed together but it actually works very well.

6A723D21-980E-4970-A5E2-D5F16151E0BA.jpeg

Ha, that's pretty sweet

On 11/22/2017 at 1:56 AM, Compensation6 said:

Searched come up empty handed. Searched the forum couldn't find anything.  Throwing around the idea of perhaps modifying the takedown or building something to replace an assy pin. Anyone ever done such thing? Weld, solder, drill and tap? Limited gun. Also, I'm a virgin to the game havent even been to my first match. Background in trap and skeet, got boring. 

Here are a couple:

http://www.bb-enterprise.biz/ecommerce/m-p-accessories/new-size-carver-mount-custom-thumbrest.cfm

http://www.smartlock.com/SWThumbMagwell.htm