Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 Sensors

9 minutes ago, HerdThinner said:

Do you have the dillon auto primer filler ?

Yes an RF 100 is a MUST have item when running automated.

Bullet sense is really worth it ?  

Yes it is. At least if you plan on using mixed brass. It keeps all powder out of the completed Bin. It catches upside down bullets, toppled bullets, and the random no drop from a 380 or something like that.

Why no decap sense ?   

It can be picked up in the swage sense if its missed. I have it, but its not needed.

The De-cap Sense was made redundant when the Swage Sense came out.

I’ll respectfully disagree on the powder-sense, more often than not that’s where most problems are found/caught in my reloading sessions. I’d say it’s a toss-up as to my number 1: Bullet-Sense or Powder-Sense.

What do I own that I consider Necessary? 1) Bullet-Sense, 2) Powder-Sense, 3) Low Primer-Sense and 4) Swage-Sense. I have a sensor on the powder hopper, but with a Unique-tek extended tube, that’s not really necessary. I have the de-cap sensor, only because I had it before the Swage-Sense was available. Nothing else.

What I would like to see is a true round counter, rather than counting press cycles. That would be cool, but I haven’t seen a pressing need for much else.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got most of them I think. Bullet sense, decap sense, swage sense, primer sense, remote stop.

In order of choice I'd do:

1. Remote stop.

2. Bullet Sense.

3. Swage Sense.

4. Primer Alarm.

5. Decap.

The powder sense would be nice but I don't want to lose a die station for it. The revolution would be awesome if I could afford it.

I tend to watch mine while its running. On 9mm and 38 super the remote stop is made redundant by the bullet sense. When I load 357 sig I get the odd one that falls off after the bullet sense tells the press all is ok. The remote stop stops the press before it moves along.

If you preprocess your brass you won't need to use the swage sense or decapper and the press runs awful smooth. I'm in 2 minds about decapping first or not even with the 2 depriming sensors.

You can decap at 2400 rounds per hour and you barely need to be there for the process. I did all my brass in half an afternoon while I was working on my laptop a few months ago. I haven't gotten through it all yet. 

Edited by dansedgli

• 3 weeks later...

The primer sensor still works even with the RF 100 ?   

Bullet sense: keeps powder out of the completed bin, how ?   Is it hard to set up.  Sorry for all the questions.  Easier to talk to someone who has it.  

So it will catch that 380 mixed in with 9mm.  

On 12/9/2017 at 11:35 PM, HerdThinner said:

The primer sensor still works even with the RF 100 ?   

Bullet sense: keeps powder out of the completed bin, how ?   Is it hard to set up.  Sorry for all the questions.  Easier to talk to someone who has it.  

So it will catch that 380 mixed in with 9mm.  

I set my MBF so it doesn't drop on a 380 Vs 9mm, so the machine will stop as no bullet will be present. It will also stop for upside down bullets. Its simply a laser line that needs to be cut to continue to run the machine. If the laser is able to bounce off the mirror and return the  indicate hole, the machine stops.