Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

moving Shadow 2 mag release to right side

bcp

I see tutorials on swapping mag releases for other CZs but what is the procedure for the S2?  My biz partner is left handed and she needs it switched to the right side of the frame.  My archive and Google searches haven't hit the solution yet.  Thanks!

Edited by bcp

The procedure for the S2 is the same as the shadow 1.  If you're not familiar with that procedure, i would follow this guide for tuning your shadow, which gives you a great step-by-step process for detail stripping the gun.  When it is time to reassemble, just slide the mag release in from the other side of the gun.

22 minutes ago, bcp said:

Is the magazine retaining screw staked in the S2?  

Yep! 

I used a manual impact driver to remove mine.  Get a spare screw before you start this, in case you strip the old one.

BTW, the trigger assy can remain in place.

Using a scerw driver that fits the magazine catch spring scerw well can help make removal easier. I managed to break the staking on a few of my CZs by hand without issue but each pistol is different. Some are harder than others. When you reinstall the magazine catch spring scerw it is a good idea to degrees the hole and screw then apply some lock tight if you do not plan on restaking it.

Edited by Tok36

I clamps the receiver in a vise after ensure I would not mar the sides.  Then used a large screwdriver which has the shank squared at the handle (a square shank screwdriver would work just as well).  Using a small crescent wrench, I applied a lot of down force and used the wrench to break the stake(s) holding the screw.  After that it was easy, peasy. Don't forget to polish lightly the mag release parts and hole as shown on the Professor Atlas link above.

P.S.  I am a right handed shooter and prefer the mag release on the right side.  Easier to reach for me, absolutely no finger inside the trigger guard during reloads, and less pistol movement (turning in hand).