Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tourist Drivers or just bad drivers

ParsonsWV

So I moved to a major beach town in SC a couple years ago. I was excited when I got here as it was almost summer and being in my early 20's and on my own. Was planning on fun nights down at the beach and having fun since people on vacation seem to just go with the flow and be less stressed. Well summer got here and the plans all went out the window. Driving down any of the main roads during summer is like being in a demolition derby. The amount of times I have gotten cut off by someone driving 10 below the speed limit looking at all the "fancy" bargain beach shops and then realize their turn is 10 feet ahead and cut across traffic so they don't have to go one block up blows my mind. Also, the amount of people that just pull out in front of you onto the main road is mind boggling. Like oh I didn't go to a road with a stop light so I am just gonna pull out and make u slam your brakes instead of wait for an opening. Since moving here I look forward to winter when their are less people on the road. I'll end my rant now as it is mostly off season now.

I can't imagine living in a big city. This is the biggest town I have lived in.

45 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

Had you never been to the beach in summer before?

only once alone when I could drive during summer and stayed on ocean so we didn't really drive anywhere.

5 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

You should consider moving to Central Florida ...

All  GGGRRREEEEAAAATTTTT drivers down here ....    :blink:

Haven't spent much time in central Florida but grandparents had a place in the Melbourne/Sebastian area. Only thing I remember about there is that no matter what if someone was standing waiting to cross the road people stopped to let them cross. Granted this was years ago but that's what stands out and wasn't a main road. Was the one that ran beside the waterway.

shoulda seen me when I was sentenced to Hawaii for 3 years... made many laps around that football stadium trying to figure out where I was and which lane to be in.
Now I m chief engineer of a car ferry. I need to get a bumper sticker,,, 
"Boat aint leaving without me"
amazing people will do 70 + on that road that is posted 45-25 and full of deer. afraid of missing the boat. Tailgaite me and fly by every day I go to work,, only to sit and wait at the stop light as I park  get out and walk down the pier looking at them
"International Harvester" is my theme song.

5 hours ago, Joe4d said:

shoulda seen me when I was sentenced to Hawaii for 3 years... made many laps around that football stadium trying to figure out where I was and which lane to be in.
Now I m chief engineer of a car ferry. I need to get a bumper sticker,,, 
"Boat aint leaving without me"
amazing people will do 70 + on that road that is posted 45-25 and full of deer. afraid of missing the boat. Tailgaite me and fly by every day I go to work,, only to sit and wait at the stop light as I park  get out and walk down the pier looking at them
"International Harvester" is my theme song.

you definitely need a bumper sticker made. Just so the ones that don't believe it you can really stare down when you get there and they are waiting

This Hate rant has turned into a discussion, which is beyond the bounds of the rules for the Hate Forum. Thus, it must be closed.Please review the Hate Forum Rules:http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8097[note: this is a generic response]