Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 10 round magazine for production

glocklife34

Just started competiting and i’m using a glock 34 gen 4. Im having problem seating my full ten round magazine without slapping it really hard.

Planning to buy a springer precision or a taran tactical base pad, i don’t know if that will solve the problem? High cap is not an option in my state.

Me too, never had this problem and all I have are 10 rounders. I'm running a gen 3, though. 

The springs will break in, but I don't think leaving them loaded will do it. Springs wear out by cycles - meaning full to empty and back again. Just shoot it and in a short period of time, will be a non-issue

I have 10 rounders that have been shot plenty and they're still harder to "slam home" than my standard cap mags. They might get slightly better with use but they won't ever feel like a 17rd G17 mag that's only loaded to 10.

Basepads won't really help because you'll still be maxed out when loaded with 10 rounds.

1 hour ago, TrackCage said:

The springs will break in, but I don't think leaving them loaded will do it. Springs wear out by cycles - meaning full to empty and back again. Just shoot it and in a short period of time, will be a non-issue

Leaving a brand new mag fully loaded for a few days or a week will put an initial set in the spring; you'll see if you take the spring out and compare it to a new spring it'll be shorter.  After that initial set yes agreed they wear from use :)

Some aftermarket basepads like the TTI don't use the floorplate insert so that gives you a tiny bit more room and might make them easier to seat.  I don't know if the Springer ones work the same with not using the floorplate insert.  And I don't know how much of a difference that'd make as I've never tried any kind of aftermarket basepads on the 10 round mags.

If you get the Taran basepads that don’t add rounds you’ll only get a little more room because he doesn’t use a floor plate.  But if you get the ones that add 4 you’ll get plenty of room.  I believe they are the small base pads.  

If you have factory 10rd mags be careful to weight it again if you use aftermarket basepads/extensions. The 10rd mags are heavier than the normal ones apparently due to the added material in the magazine body.  The +0 or +3/4 will fit the box for Prod on a G34. If you are in Cali TTI only sells the +0 there so no needing to decide.

As others have said though, the basepad/extension is not the problem. 

Leaving a brand new mag fully loaded for a few days or a week will put an initial set in the spring; you'll see if you take the spring out and compare it to a new spring it'll be shorter.  After that initial set yes agreed they wear from use [emoji4]

Left my mag for a few days, it did worked. Will try to load them again today and leave them for a few more days.