Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case feeder not spinning

Hey all. I'm borrowing a friend's xl650 more or less indefinitely. I got it all set up tonight, but the case feeder doesn't spin. I can hear the motor making some noise, not a lot, but some. Doesn't even look like it's trying to spin, even with the plate thing taken off. Is there something I'm missing with getting it set up or is it likely DOA?

47 minutes ago, Djp55 said:

Could it still be a clutch issue if it doesn't spin without the plate on top either? Looking to test whatever I can. 

No, but it could be a bad switch in the drop tube.  BUT, if you're hearing noise out of the motor, it does sound like a DOA motor.

The case feed motor has a one-year warranty. First, unplug the motor, unbolt the clear plastic funnel assembly from the front, remove the two wires from the microswitch, and jump them together. Then plug it in and turn it on, see it the motor turns. Microswitches are far more likely to die than the motor.

• 1 month later...

I do the Blue, and so should you.

'Cause when you have a problem they'll know just what to do.

Give the Blue a call and let 'em know what happening,

They'll solve your problem faster than a bolt of chain-blue-lightning.

ka-boom......ka-boom......ka-boom, ka-boom, ka-boom.

I could have been a Rap star. :lol:

33 minutes ago, MikieM said:

I do the Blue, and so should you.

'Cause when you have a problem they'll know just what to do.

Give the Blue a call and let 'em know what happening,

They'll solve your problem faster than a bolt of chain-blue-lightning.

ka-boom......ka-boom......ka-boom, ka-boom, ka-boom.

I could have been a Rap star. :lol:

I searched the forum rules pretty thoroughly and cannot find a rule that explicitly prohibits rap, or even one barring the use of a DJ at any event, so we'll have to let you slide this time.;)

Mine (on a 1050) tends to bog down with what I would consider a smaller amount of cases than it should... it runs but sometime I have to help it along with my finger until enough cases have gone through where it will go on it's own.  IIRC Dillon said it should run with about a coffee can full of cases, but I've never had a coffee can to test lol.  I'm coming up on a year (or may be over it, actually) so I guess I better get off my butt and figure it out.

41 minutes ago, 78Staff said:

Mine (on a 1050) tends to bog down with what I would consider a smaller amount of cases than it should... it runs but sometime I have to help it along with my finger until enough cases have gone through where it will go on it's own.  IIRC Dillon said it should run with about a coffee can full of cases, but I've never had a coffee can to test lol.  I'm coming up on a year (or may be over it, actually) so I guess I better get off my butt and figure it out.

Mine did this also, I tightened the two allens on the plate itself (clutch) and it worked fine for heavier loads of brass.