Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik tp9sf

Peebles24

Just bought and shot my new tp9sf in fde, must say might be the best 370 I've ever spent. Ran flawlessly through 4 mags fresh out the box. I have never been what I would consider a good shot with a pistol but I want to get into 3 gun comp. First six shots all easily on target at ~7 yard big steel knock downs. Moved on to the back steel plates and had a few misses at about 15+ yard. By third mag was consistently hitting 4" round flippers on the back row. So glad I bought the canik over the mp I went for, the trigger is what sold me.

11 hours ago, Nathanb said:

I have an sf elite and an sfx. They are both really good but a bit oversprung

I did a quick search and found one or two complaints about that at the Canikfanatik forum, like this one:

http://canikdiscussions.com/thread/1785/nib-sfx-failure-eject

Sounds like breaking it in with NATO 9mm and making sure it's first properly cleaned and lubed once bought helps with that?

Striker spring is a must change in the sfx for recoil spring go to sprintco get the one for the Walter q 5 match with white spring then in the comments when checking out tell them it's for a sfx and they will make sure u get the correct one makes a world of difference lot softer 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Went to the range this week again with my bone stock tp9sf. I am so amazed at this pistol. I was able to hold 5" 18 shot group at 20 yard and hold 14 of 18 on full size siloette at 50 yards. Yes 50 yards! Free hand no bench rest tested. I am simply amazed!! Need to state also I am not what I would consider a good shot with a pistol. My friend in town from Germany (former German army sniper) did slightly better than me and said he likes the canik as well or better than his g17.

Edited by Peebles24

• 2 months later...