Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New PF in PractiScore

SkyRock

Since the USPSA notice that EzWinScore is out, and PractiScore is in, I've been playing with the latest version by using data from an existing match (scored by paper and a spreadsheet program).  The spreadsheet allows us to add more than the Major/Minor power factors, as well as the target zone values, and get a match score for the shooter.  Is there any way to do this with PractiScore.  [Got great help on another question - hoping for more! ]

Edited by SkyRock

Sure.  I run a winter league that's not affiliated with USPSA, but uses the USPSA rules.  My goal when starting this winter league (in '95) was so I couild have a place to shoot, and to give new shooters an "exposure" to this type of match.  It's the second part that I'm talking about.

Rather than require new shooters to have (or purchase) a gun that shoots a cartridge that meets Minor PF - just to try it - I use a "Light" PF of 5/3/2/1 or a ".22RF" PF of 4/2/1/1 so they can bring what they already own.  If they like it, fine.  If not, they aren't our many $$ just to try it.  I've gotten some folks to start shooting USPSA matches this way.

I'm currently using a spreadsheet scoring program, but would like to use PractiScore.  I've used the "Subminor" PF, but the shooter get 0 points for the match.  That's not acceptable, to me.  I *can* use the "results" data from the match, re-format it for input to my spreadsheet and accomplish this, but that's not the route I want to use.

Any suggestions would be very helpful (you've already saved me a bunch of frustration on the "hot range" subject!).

Thanks.

Subminor or is actually supported by USPSA rulebook, aka shoot for no score, hence 0 points.

If you want any different calculations from USPSA rules, there is a complete verification report in the app, that contains entire raw scores, so you can open it in Excel and do any calculations you like. Excel can open any HTML pages or tables.

1 hour ago, Maximis228 said:

If you use USPSA rules without being a USPSA club, you are stealing. Plain and simple.

Meh... I don’t think so especially for a winter practice league. To keep affiliation you have to run x number of classifiers and then pay associated fees etc. I wouldn’t mind paying activity fees per say but I wouldn’t want to waste limited bay time etc laying out boring classifiers to try to attract new shooters to the main events all summer.

When I hear “USPSA LIKE” or “We follow USPSA rules”, that just tells me it’s a safe, familiar, shooting opportunity .

1 minute ago, Sarge said:

Meh... I don’t think so especially for a winter practice league. To keep affiliation you have to run x number of classifiers and then pay associated fees etc. I wouldn’t mind paying activity fees per say but I wouldn’t want to waste limited bay time etc laying out boring classifiers to try to attract new shooters to the main events all summer.

When I hear “USPSA LIKE” or “We follow USPSA rules”, that just tells me it’s a safe, familiar, shooting opportunity .

You still pay a $1.50 activity fee per shooter when not running a classifier. If you use the USPSA rule set and arent paying USPSA for it; You are stealing. Pretty cut and dry.

36 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

You still pay a $1.50 activity fee per shooter when not running a classifier. If you use the USPSA rule set and arent paying USPSA for it; You are stealing. Pretty cut and dry.

This issue isn't really limited to USPSA. When Canadian MD runs USPSA match he is piggy-backing on IPSC club facility, props, IPSC-trained RO (a local NROI asset)...

4 hours ago, euxx said:

Subminor or is actually supported by USPSA rulebook, aka shoot for no score, hence 0 points.

If you want any different calculations from USPSA rules, there is a complete verification report in the app, that contains entire raw scores, so you can open it in Excel and do any calculations you like. Excel can open any HTML pages or tables.

Sorry, euxx, I don't see where this report is in the app.  Can you give me a clue, please?